143 Hammer Hunters 28 Nosler Loads

Little off topic. What is the Litz bc for the 143 Hammer Hunter?

I use the 143 in my 7mm STW at 3390 pretty much one hole if I do my part. Can push it a lot harder up to almost 3600 or more but it shoots too good here to chase more speed. I ran a ladder up to 84 grains RL 26 and never hit pressure. My load now is fed 215 nosler brass and 79.5 gr powder.

Anybody have new loads they like? I believe I'm at 83gr of RL26. I shot a 1/2 moa group, then a 1.5 moa group right after. The lab radar told me the first three shots were within 25fps. The last three shots were ES of 50 and average was about 50fps slower than the first group. This is with rem 9 1/2M primers. First time using RL26, does it have a certain primer it likes?

Also, I know hammers aren't picky about seating depth, so what makes more of a difference: charge weight, powder, primer, or consistant velocity?

Anybody have new loads they like? I believe I'm at 83gr of RL26. I shot a 1/2 moa group, then a 1.5 moa group right after. The lab radar told me the first three shots were within 25fps. The last three shots were ES of 50 and average was about 50fps slower than the first group. This is with rem 9 1/2M primers. First time using RL26, does it have a certain primer it likes?

Also, I know hammers aren't picky about seating depth, so what makes more of a difference: charge weight, powder, primer, or consistant velocity?
I don't have a 28N but experience with Reloder 26 has shown that sometimes it likes a magnum primer to tighten up the ES

I don't have a 28N but experience with Reloder 26 has shown that sometimes it likes a magnum primer to tighten up the ES
Which magnum primer do you use? I tried 9 1/2 magnum, but I also have 215's, 250's and WLRM's

Your load is what I run in my 7 STW. Use a CCI 250 primer..........they're consistent. The one variable we have ZERO control over is the primer. It's what will make you get the big jump/drop in velocity or create that flier. So, it helps to buy a brick of primers so you're using primers from the same lot.
I'm really anal about case prep, neck tension and brass sorted to make sure I have everything as close to being the same as possible. The primer is the wildcard (unless you're using different powder lots, which can cause the same issues).

Forgot to mention, I have found Reloder 26 to be temp sensitive above ~84F so if you let a round heat up in a hot chamber this could also spread the ES. A lot of things like brass prep, charge weight, etc. but I assume you have all that under control.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts