143 gr ELD-X profle ??

I captured a couple of bullets from the wet sand berm from the range today. Impact velocity was about 2820 fps. I can't say for sure this is even relevant to an impact on game at the same velocities.
The one with some core intact weighs 37gr the other one was almost all of the jacket weighs 49gr.
If you look closely you can see the interlock ring on the one that lost its core.

Is that a cannelure you can see in the picture on the right of just the jacket pieces...

It looks like a cannelure, not the interlock ring, the interlock ring is on the inside of the jacked, but that is on the outside, you can tell because of the rifling...are you sure you didn't find an SST jacket?

I'll go ahead and say that
I think these need to be reliability recovered on a softer media. Who knows if they hit small rocks or gravel on impact.

It looks like a cannelure, not the interlock ring, the interlock ring is on the inside of the jacked, but that is on the outside, you can tell because of the rifling...are you sure you didn't find an SST jacket?

That is the inside.
The jacket is inside out.

The picture with the 2 jacket pieces, no lead core in the pic. The right picture

Not the right piece, I see the interlock ring on the piece on the right, I'm talking about the piece on the left, you can see the rifling marks, and what appears to be a cannelure. I may be mistaken, but that's just how it appears

The picture with the 2 jacket pieces, no lead core in the pic. The right picture

Not the right piece, I see the interlock ring on the piece on the right, I'm talking about the piece on the left, you can see the rifling marks, and what appears to be a cannelure. I may be mistaken, but that's just how it appears

I will try to get more tomorrow. For better pictures.

Recovered more today at 225 yards from softer material.
No signs of lead anywhere near the jacket.
The jacket looks more intact than Bergers .
I still believe that we will get better recovery samples from game than wet loose sand.

You should be able to see the interlock ring better.

Attachments

• 20160506_115442.jpg
    20160506_115442.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 84
  • 20160506_115258.jpg
    20160506_115258.jpg
    135.6 KB · Views: 111
They look very similar to A-max bullets I've seen pictures of, lead nowhere to be found. They don't look anything like the Interlock bullets I've shot.

Recovered more today at 225 yards from softer material.
No signs of lead anywhere near the jacket.
The jacket looks more intact than Bergers .
I still believe that we will get better recovery samples from game than wet loose sand.

You should be able to see the interlock ring better.

I have found sand to be pretty hard on bullets! The grit tears on then more I think...Rich

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.