143 gr ELD-X bullet performance on my mule deer last week with pics

Great job on your deer, much better to close the gap. Like the bullet performance!!! Been shooting Berger this year and getting zero blood trail and bullet explosion, I'm going back to true hunting bullet.

I'm impressed with your buck and the performance. I'm pushing that bullet at 2790 out of my CM and have begun to question what I feel is an explosive nature. I shot my pronghorn at 190 yards hard quartering to me. I missed the shoulder but hit two ribs. The bullet grenaded, blowing up the lungs but also taking out part of the tenderloin. Largest fragment was 36 grains.

Neighbor killed a huge buck last week. He's killed a pile of elk with the 143. He recovered the 143 and it weighed 118 grains, so 82% retention. 400 yards.

I'm impressed with your buck and the performance. I'm pushing that bullet at 2790 out of my CM and have begun to question what I feel is an explosive nature. I shot my pronghorn at 190 yards hard quartering to me.I I missed the shoulder but hit two ribs. The bullet grenaded, blowing up the lungs but also taking out part of the tenderloin. Largest fragment was 36 grains.
I can confirm the unbelieveable exposive nature of this bullet! EVERYTHING INSIDE WAS JELLY! I thought the SST bullets out of my 308 Win. was impressive, but they don't hold a candle to these at 3000 fps! Note to SCIROCCO, PLEASE MAKE A 6.5 BULLET HEAVIER THAN 130 GRAINS!

I've killed 8 whitetail with a 143gr eldx from a few different Creedmoor rifles. Ranges run from 50y to 370y, and only one of them made it more than 10y, and I will attribute that to the occasional deer with above average grrrrrr. I have seen a bunch of anecdotal stories bashing that bullet, and in most cases there was no recovery of the bullet or animal, so..whatever. like many of you, I joined the 6.5prc world this year and I'm shooting the 143gr eldx in it with absolute confidence. Beautiful buck Sir.

I've killed 8 whitetail with a 143gr eldx from a few different Creedmoor rifles. Ranges run from 50y to 370y, and only one of them made it more than 10y, and I will attribute that to the occasional deer with above average grrrrrr. I have seen a bunch of anecdotal stories bashing that bullet, and in most cases there was no recovery of the bullet or animal, so..whatever. like many of you, I joined the 6.5prc world this year and I'm shooting the 143gr eldx in it with absolute confidence. Beautiful buck Sir.

I wasn't trying to bash the bullet, I'm just concerned. I've killed about 20 animals with it from 75 to 338 yards and have yet to not recover an animal.

I wasn't trying to bash the bullet, I'm just concerned. I've killed about 20 animals with it from 75 to 338 yards and have yet to not recover an animal.
I apologize if that felt personal, because it wasn't. I was honestly referring to the beating that bullet took on Facebook hunting groups that I used to watch before I stopped following all kinds of social media.

Hey, thank you all, by no means did I take anything personal, just saying. I've read the same reviews, but I wasn't worried. I just had the opportunity to present sone evidence that you all might want to see. The performance of this bullet actually looked like a Hornady Interlock, or a Nosler Partition, that I've recovered many times. Front gone, and 60% left is very close in that respect. I used to smile and marvel at how all of Jim Carmichael's favorite bullets went through both shoulders and rib cage, and magically stopped just under the skin.....hmmmmm? lol, I loved his articles none the less. Bottom line, I will continue to use it, for sure in two weeks, in WI. Maybe I can find another bullet then to! :)

Not taking it personally, guys, just wanted to share that I'm cautious about it's performance. I've shot several small central Texas whitetails and had it not exit; I've also hit a couple where the exit hole was 3". I typically aim for the heart/lung region. I don't want to destroy meat unnecessarily, even a shoulder. I would be thrilled if it acted like a Partition but so far I've not recovered anything other than shrapnel. Now that we have a hog invasion I hope to try it out on a couple of them and see what results I get there.

I killed a muley buck at 80 yards and a whitetail doe at 197 yards this year with the 143 ELD X out of my 260 Rem. Don't have any good picture of the exit wound on the muley buck, but it went all the way through and there was a baseball sized chunk of lung hanging out of the exit wound. The doe was a high chest shot where a small piece of shrapnel may have clipped the spine but the vertebrae was fully intact during field dressing. She dropped on the spot.

Impact velocity on the doe was approximately 2590 and the buck was about 2740.

Attachments

• IMG951586.jpg
    IMG951586.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG951501.jpg
    IMG951501.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 160
Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.