140 Tipped TSX

Blacktail

Anyone loaded any of these for the 7 mm STW? Been thinking bout giving them a shot. Shot 3/4" groups to 3325 fps with the TSX but heard about issues with the bullet not opening up so abandoned the project.

The TSX has never ever failed me and that includes an Antelope at 777 yards. The TSX bullets exibit awesomew terminal performance in my experience.

Not many of the high penetrating premium bullets do much opening up on game if you have a broadside double lung shot that neatly enters and exits between the ribs. Now when you hit the front shoulder, and break it, these high penetrators like the TSX are absolutely devastating. The tipped TSX will improve BC and help them open up a bit more inside the animal, and this bullet looks like a further improvement of the TSX. You won't be disappointed by the penetration of this bullet.

That is pretty cool footage. I have the 160 accubonds now and have the high BC but accuracy goes from .25 to 1" just cant get consistancy. I will definitley try these 140's in the tipped version.

Not many of the high penetrating premium bullets do much opening up on game if you have a broadside double lung shot that neatly enters and exits between the ribs. Now when you hit the front shoulder, and break it, these high penetrators like the TSX are absolutely devastating. The tipped TSX will improve BC and help them open up a bit more inside the animal, and this bullet looks like a further improvement of the TSX. You won't be disappointed by the penetration of this bullet.

The TSX is a very fast opening bullet and does not need to hit bone to open. I have shot a truck load of deer and antelope with the 180 30 cal TSX and this bullet is devastating even on Prairie Dogs. The TSX will make the LUNGS look like a blender went through them without ever hitting any bone

rapidexpansion.jpg

Looks like it opens pretty fast to me and there is no bone in that ballistic Gelatin

TSX bullets are very acurrate as well.

A few 300 yard groups

11-5-2005-300-Win-Mag-groups300-yar.jpg

11-5-2005-300-Win-Mag-300-yards-8.jpg

DSC00900.jpg

Again there is no need to hit bone to get spectacular results with the TSX bullets

Last edited:
With all that has been said in the last few threads would everyone recommend the TSX vs the TTSX? I am looking for a good bullet for our blacktails, mule deer and goats out to 600-700 yards. i know there is not one bullet that does it all but i would like to find one that is close.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.