140 grain 6.5 berger elite hunter

Anyone of you with the creeds see a difference with the small rifle primers vs the large rifle primers with paticular powders? I just bought my first 6.5 creed.

I only use the SRP Lapua cases so can't compare but it is my understanding that these cases can withstand the higher pressures that many competitive Creed shooters strive for.

Thanks, I had bought some OTC loaded bergers in 130 hybrids and they have the SRP. I might buy a couple more boxes to break in the gun and then I will start reloading that brass. I was thinking about running something from the 130 to 140 grains. The 135 classic hunter seem pretty good for the creed with RL26. Also the new 6.5 Starr-ball from Winchester looks promising for a 2800fps load but it all depends on where the accuracy is at.

Just found a video on youtube about what I asked and the info was interesting. The magnum SRP seem to show a little better ES and SD. Velocity was not changed much by primers (from magnum to non magnum) something in the 10 fps range with the same powder charge. I checked the loaded ammo I have and its a SRP and Lapua brass. I'll probably have to get a new shell holder and primer insert to prime these cases once I shoot them.

Thanks, I had bought some OTC loaded bergers in 130 hybrids and they have the SRP. I might buy a couple more boxes to break in the gun and then I will start reloading that brass. I was thinking about running something from the 130 to 140 grains. The 135 classic hunter seem pretty good for the creed with RL26. Also the new 6.5 Starr-ball from Winchester looks promising for a 2800fps load but it all depends on where the accuracy is at.

Berger also makes factory ammo with the 135 classic hunter. That ammo shoots extremely well in my rifle, you might try it.

That 135 Classic does 2750 fps in our 22" creedmoor as well. And having lapua brass makes it very cost effective. Great round.

I tested the br4 and 450 primers got pretty much the same es with both but the 450 primers were 10fps faster both were good primers

I started at 38 and settled into a great load at 39.8 with that combo. I wouldn't recommend starting at 42. Mine actually likes em kinda deep. I'm at .09 off the lands

I've given up for now with RL26 and the 150 Berger elites I went tgrough80 rounds s d I still have nothing accurate good speeds but crappy accuracy
Corey

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.