140 eldm jump 6.5 creed

Highvoltage

Starting load development for savage fcp sr 10, 6.5 creedmoor. It's will shoot 3 different factory loads at 1/2" moa or better ( real unicorn for a factory gun). I've never shot any eldms but I have shot eldx. My question is where does the 140 eldm like to jump from? It's going to be single loaded shot primarily off the bench. I'll use hornady brass, Cci br4 primers and h4350 unless someone has other suggestions on the components. Best wishes

We shoot them about 0.010 off the lands in my brother's Savage 12 and it will shoot them into sub 1/2 MOA groups.

Did you shoot the hornady Match 140eldm ammo? If it shot that good make them at the factory seating depth to start. My 6.5 is a bergara shot the factory ammo into a ragged hole so I seated my reloads the same as the factory ammo and worked up a charge with h4350. Using Nosler brass 140eldm 210m ended up at 41.5 h4350 right around 2730 FPS.

no ELDM ammo, it shoots hornady 129 interlock, hornady 140 black and hornady 143 precision hunter at 1/2" at 100. Never tried the match ammo, now the virus is going on and people are grabbing all the ammo up to even try some

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.