14 months in the making...300 RUM

I can get away with a rifle because I can adjust the focus/magnification to see my target, but in archery, everything beyond 15Y is a blur without a contact lens. I could have both eyes LASIK corrected, but I would need reading glasses. I opted to go the monovision route and use contact lenses a few days out of the year instead of having reading glasses.
it's going to be fun to pull any poundage lefty when you are used to rh. Most of my family is rh and I'm lh, so I get to play with their toys. I'll pull 70# lh with ease but rh is another animal, and I'm pretty decent in the eyesight department.

Bolt finally back from LRI....
20220606_175637.jpg

20220606_175647.jpg

Finally back to shooting. A little warm 88 and humid tonight. But didn't do too bad.
20220615_182115.jpg

Going to re-shoot 86 and 87 grains of Retumbo with 5 shot groups and see which ES and groups hold. Busy life maybe only 1 more trip to the range before stretching her out at Thunder Valley in Ohio....2000 yards available and i got plenty in the turret to get there.

Last edited:
Finally back to shooting. A little warm 88 and humid tonight. But didn't do too bad.
View attachment 372251
Going to re-shoot 86 and 87 grains of Retumbo with 5 shot groups and see which ES and groups hold. Busy life maybe only 1 more trip to the range before stretching her out at Thunder Valley in Ohio....2000 yards available and i got plenty in the turret to get there.
Looking good !
Lots of love for the Rum over here !
Any info on Thunder Valley ??
Thanks

Rum Man

Just that its in Kimbolton, Ohio and claims to have 2200 yards to shoot.
Its about 45mins from my sister in law so Ill be up there for July 4th weekend to check it out with the RUM and 230s....may stuff the 7mm WSM with 180s in the truck too but this is why the rum was built...1760+

Ok here it is newest member of the family....other family members to be posted soon. I will invite insight into holes in my collection...I hope I'm close to finished.

More family...6.5x284

Built by:
John Myer
Custom Gunsmithing
Boyce, Va

Action - Left Hand Remington 700, action faced, bolt face trued, lugs lapped. Bolt handle added. Jeweling removed from bolt. Timney SS trigger set to 1.5lbs.

Barrel - 32" Brux custom contour straight for 5" straight taper to .9 @ 32", fluted, 1:10", 5 port muscle brake.

Stock - Greyboe Ridgeback, bedded recoil lug. Bead blasted mlok panels.

Entire barrreled action bead blasted.

Empty weight(no bipod) 13lb 3.4oz

Scope will be Sightron SIII 6-24x50 MOA-2 with Sightron rev count turrets.

....230gr hope to be around 2950-3000fps. That 230 A-Tip is right at the lands at 3.92 COAL. Must remove bolt to expel loaded round.

More pics to come. And with some load data. Will link in this post if I post loads in reloading section.

View attachment 353941
View attachment 353942
View attachment 353943
Wow that looks nice you hit that one out of the park.