14.5 JDJ - any experience?

SCL

Gents,
I was wondering if anyone has experience with the 14.5 JDJ caliber from SSK Industries in OH. Its basically a blown-out 50BMG with a big (1173gr) bullet at 2200 - 2400 fps. SSK claimes that they have a non-destructive device exemption for the round, so I am assuming that you don't have to go through all of the extra ATF ******** paperwork to get it.

I ma intrigued by the round and would love to hear from anyone with experience with it. Thanks!

SCL
[email protected]

neck up a 50 BMG case is a nice idea because original water capacity of the 50 BMG is overbore for shorter barrel than machine gun full lenght and even at full load you not sucess to fill the case

some other wilcat as 700 Kayser exist but with bigger bore you get other problem

bullet need to be custom made ( in 14.5 mm Russian bullet are mostly HEI and accuracy is poor
recoil due to very heavy bullet is very hard and brake eficiency dicrease ( less gaz volume for more bigger bullet weight )
barrel are full custom and very costly

but combo can be very accurate

good shooting

DAN TEC

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.