$14,000 rifle?

I got an email from Gunwerks today advertising a new limited edition, super duper, shoot over 1200 yards, supergun. It can be yours for only $14,000.

Am I the only one that thinks this is insane? Am I missing something? I'm looking at this and just do not see $14,000 worth of rifle.
A4774378-74A8-4595-B7AC-6696A2C18219_zpsuevcifdm.png

I got that email too.
Suppressor not included!

I sure do sleep better at night knowing I can get a custom barrel and a few tweeks for a Savage that will give it a run with that "truck gun".
They're calling it a truck gun for $14,000o_O LMFAO.

If I was going to buy a 14,000 dollar rifle it sure wouldn't be that ugly ;)

I hear their rifles shoot but so has every rifle I had built for $2500 to $4000, and Im building # 16 as we speak,

they have a great marketing and advertising scheme thats for sure, but if Im spending that much money Im having the input on parts, colours and how it looks !

With the driven recent popularity of "long range hunting", most of this **** has gotten ridiculously expensive.

Companies like that, that charge retarded prices for stuff, will eventually fold and go under. 95% of shooters out there can't afford a rifle that costs $5,000 (including myself), so they **** sure can't afford a rifle that costs 3x that much. It will hit them eventually when they realize their guns are no better than any other custom rifle you can have built by a local smith with a good reputation for less than $2,000.

With the driven recent popularity of "long range hunting", most of this **** has gotten ridiculously expensive.

Companies like that, that charge retarded prices for stuff, will eventually fold and go under. 95% of shooters out there can't afford a rifle that costs $5,000 (including myself), so they **** sure can't afford a rifle that costs 3x that much. It will hit them eventually when they realize their guns are no better than any other custom rifle you can have built by a local smith with a good reputation for less than $2,000.

Exactly what I'm thinking.

I can't say too much..My last rifle with glass was almost $8,000.00 BUT I picked exactly what I wanted down to the color scheme and it's not some 1 of XYZ It's the only one!
And it's not a Gunwerks! Thinking about it with a new case, shipping, transfer fee
I'm north of 8 grand?

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.