131 Blackjack vs 135 Berger

Eric at Axisworks built mine too. Freaking laser beam.
Mine as well. I look forward to seeing everyone's results with the bergers. I've got no issues with the blackjacks and haven't had time to shoot in longer than I can remember so my stash of bullets will last a while but it's great to see more options. The comparison pictures look like there could be some squabbles about patents in the future!

Anyone try the 133 Berger Elite Hunters yet? Another one on the mix, and I would imagine more to come from other bullet makers!

Anyone try the 133 Berger Elite Hunters yet? Another one on the mix, and I would imagine more to come from other bullet makers!
I didn't believe the 133 HVLD have hit the shelves yet. Lots of folks patiently waiting for our purchased backorders to be filed

Anybody here shooting 25 creed that could help me out with some questions? My velocities are way slow, pressuring out in the low/mid 2700s with LRP brass and h4350. Have some Peterson brass that I had to neck turn way down and some necked down hornady. Have some SRP brass coming to try as well but not convinced there is not something wrong with my methods or potentially chamber/barrel. Thanks

Anybody here shooting 25 creed that could help me out with some questions? My velocities are way slow, pressuring out in the low/mid 2700s with LRP brass and h4350. Have some Peterson brass that I had to neck turn way down and some necked down hornady. Have some SRP brass coming to try as well but not convinced there is not something wrong with my methods or potentially chamber/barrel. Thanks

Could easily be one or more of your rifle components. Care to share the rifle info?

I have a TI action with a Proof CF barrel with a tight spot, and it pressures up about 150fps slower than it should.

Could easily be one or more of your rifle components. Care to share the rifle info?

I have a TI action with a Proof CF barrel with a tight spot, and it pressures up about 150fps slower than it should.
26in 7twist preferred barrel prefit 25creed BJ reamer
Tikka action

with Peterson LRP brass the necks were way too tight in the chamber; measured and fired were .288". I called and asked preferred about this and apparently their reamer is a .288" neck. Which is odd to me considering the ones BJ sells were .290".

neck turned that brass for .004" total clearance and still getting only 2730fps before hitting sizable pressure (38.4gr H4350, CCI 200s). 38.3gr at 2730fps with occasional light ejector mark, 38.4gr at 2760fps with heavier mark and starting to get heavy bolt lift. ES is not good at 38.3 gr but groups are decent .5 MOA. tried some loads resized of the same brass with same result.

Redding type S with .282 bushing. Seating with Forster ultra micrometer. Also had some hornady 6.5 creedmoor brass laying around and that is getting me about 2800 before hitting pressure. I've got about 30-40 rounds down the tube now. Maybe I am asking too much? I do have some lapua brass with SRP just waiting on some primers in the Mail to try that route. Maybe should try RL26 since the h4350 seems to be pressuring up early? Thanks in advance

Well I'm sorry to say this weekend didn't go as planned. Forgot my LabRadar and shooting mat then my generator died so staying the night in the desert wasn't fun! But, did run a ladder using N565 starting at 57.0 - 59.5 grains. Figured I'd pressure out before hitting 59, but 59.5 still had easy bolt lift and rounded primers. All shots were within 1 MOA, (58 - 59.5 were easily under .5 MOA) so it defiantly has promise.
One of my co-workers was with me and he was trying to sight in his new 7RM BAR. It was all over the place with best group around 2-2.5" at 100. And that was not repeatable. I tried shooting it, but it had to be the worst trigger I've ever shot. I was busting clays at 300 with the 25SST and SBD2s so I let him have a try. He went 2 for 2. After feeling what a real trigger should feel like he started searching the Internet to find a better trigger for the BAR.🤣🤣

Attachments

• 5ABD97AB-A56F-4F9F-960B-703AC4A18BF4.jpeg
    5ABD97AB-A56F-4F9F-960B-703AC4A18BF4.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 75
i built a 25 Creedmoor/ Brux barrel 7 1/2 twist i call a 257 Creedmoor i posted a lot of information about this fine cartridge on 24 campfire in the long range forum . i used all 3 bigger 25 caliber bullets >131 gr. Black jacks , 128 Hammer bullets and the 135 gr. Berger bullets . i also had custom dies made by Whidden for the 257 Creedmoor too and that made a big difference in accuracy , price was not that bad on the dies either.
i also built 2 - 257 Roberts /7 1/2 twist for hunting both shoot excellent. i ordered a Brux barrel ,#4 contour ,7 1/2 twist , will be finished at 28 inches and chambered in a 257 Weatherby mag. and put on a Weatherby mag. mark 5 action should be a great long range rifle for hunting probably use the 128 gr. Hammer bullets , hope too make close to 3400 fps ? Twolf

Last edited: