131 Blackjack custom ammo?

Will a 1 in 10 twist stabilize those in a 257 weatherby? I ordered some scirroco it's from Dallas custom reloads and had them in about 2 weeks

Our recommendations are based on sea level and 32F which also helps above sea level and lower temps seen in elk and mulie hunting.

Basically if people follow our guidelines they will have 100% of their BC and more importantly consistent dope throughout the day or seasons when they need it.

1:7 for non-magnum SA
1:7.5 for cases from 3140-3200+ fps (25-06 and SA Magnums)
1:8 for larger magnums like Gibbs, Arnold, Nosler and WBY.

Losing 2-5% BC may not sound like that big of a deal when someone tries to run a marginal twist rate, but it's the inconsistency in winter from Dawn at 25F to noon at 40F that will bite you in the *** when a monster bull or mulie is off at 700-800 yards and you hit them in the boobs instead of the vitals.

Thankfully 99% of our customer base is using the appropriate twist and we are providing most of the blanks that are running high performance 257.

1:8 for WBY is perfect. My 257 WBY earned 16th of 191 posted scores at the Nightforce ELR Steel Challenge last weekend in Glenrock Wyoming. We shot out to 2200 yards and I never practice. 3404 fps is the slower load I ran due to summer temps.

My business partner earned 3rd place Hunting Division with a 25 SAUM hunting rifle running 3325 fps.

Our recommendations are based on sea level and 32F which also helps above sea level and lower temps seen in elk and mulie hunting.

Basically if people follow our guidelines they will have 100% of their BC and more importantly consistent dope throughout the day or seasons when they need it.

1:7 for non-magnum SA
1:7.5 for cases from 3140-3200+ fps (25-06 and SA Magnums)
1:8 for larger magnums like Gibbs, Arnold, Nosler and WBY.

Losing 2-5% BC may not sound like that big of a deal when someone tries to run a marginal twist rate, but it's the inconsistency in winter from Dawn at 25F to noon at 40F that will bite you in the *** when a monster bull or mulie is off at 700-800 yards and you hit them in the boobs instead of the vitals.

Thankfully 99% of our customer base is using the appropriate twist and we are providing most of the blanks that are running high performance 257.

1:8 for WBY is perfect. My 257 WBY earned 16th of 191 posted scores at the Nightforce ELR Steel Challenge last weekend in Glenrock Wyoming. We shot out to 2200 yards and I never practice. 3404 fps is the slower load I ran due to summer temps.

My business partner earned 3rd place Hunting Division with a 25 SAUM hunting rifle running 3325 fps.
[/QUO
Can we see any hunting bullets or any other weights in the future?

Can we see any hunting bullets or any other weights in the future?

Yes but I can't put a timeline on these things - election years put a bind on new developments when the standbys are selling out and demand mfg.

The 131 ACE hunts very well despite not being typified as a "hunting bullet". It's track record on pigs, deer, and elk is extremely good. We are not just going to put them in an orange box and call them a hunting bullet though.

Berger's upcoming release will probably hunt well too. There are a great many lighter weight hunting bullets that can be utilized in 25 cal including the 115 VLD and 110 ELD X for those that want a bullet marketed towards hunters. I'm not worried about the marketing - results are more important.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.