130 VLD Grenade **Graphic Pic**

Cool picture and nice entrance hole. I have never seen one with that much staining under the cape. I shot one with a muzzleloader at 30 yards this year and had that big of entrance hole and he just collapsed and never made exit hole. Cool nice deer.

Wow. In my 40yrs of hunting, I have never seen anything close to that. And that includes deer shot with a 7mmRemMag and a 120HP at near max velocity.
My 300RUM with 165SSTs don't even do that.

Still, looks like a great hunting trip.

just by chance was it the orange box bergers?
Last year I used the yellow box "match" bullets with decent results, they did exit a doe at 419 yards, then this year I switched to the orange box also in 140 gr .264 loaded in my 6.5 Gibbs at 3160 fps. I shot 2 bucks, (457 and 493 yds) about where you hit yours, both traveled in excess of 3/4 of a mile, just a trickle of a bloodtrail, both had simular entrance wounds to yours, and no exit, I'm goin back to the yellow box.
RR

I can't remember if it was yellow or orange. The deer did run some after being shot so that may have contributed to the blood loss he was hit at the kidneys and they receive a huge percentAge of cardiac output. Also the bullet probably hit two or three ribs in a row. Continuing to fragment and expand. Some blood may have spilled out while skinning but still ......

Where at in the delta are you. I live in OR, but went to Delta State, so did the wife. The john deere dealer in Cleveland had some great heads in there.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.