130 gr. 6.5 Gamechanger Recall

PaLuke

I just received an e-mail from Midway about a recall on the 130 grain 6.5 Gamechanger bullets. Apparently some .277 bullets got mixed in with the 6.5's. They have the lot numbers listed of the involved boxes. Just letting everyone know. Thank you

Yesterday morning, Midway email notification was apparently wrong and this morning's, was/is the corrected version! My box is NOT the contaminated lot. Good thing, I had already shot 25 of them!

Yesterday morning, Midway email notification was apparently wrong and this morning's, was/is the corrected version! My box is NOT the contaminated lot. Good thing, I had already shot 25 of them!
...but now that I sit here thinking about it, I'm gonna go measure the remaining 75, JUST IN CASE?!

This lot# is good, all measured 263.5! That could "BLOW YOUR FACE OFF" as JRB say's! IMG_0062[1].JPG

I suspect you would know that something was wrong as soon as you tried to seat one. And, I seriously doubt that a .277 bullet accidentally seated in a piece of brass intended for a .264 bullet would chamber.

However, it's best not to test my suspicions.

I'm pretty sure you would crush the shoulder trying to seat a 277 in a .264 case. you should already have a few thousandths of neck tension with the .264 bullet.

I've crushed shoulders with .005 neck tension.

I called Sierra this afternoon as I have a recalled box. I talked to Duane and read him the lot numbers off the box. I told him I didn't even begin check for .277 bullets and I can easily pull the wrong bullets out of the box. He thanked me for calling and said another box will be shipped next week. Thank you Duane and Sierra.

I suspect you would know that something was wrong as soon as you tried to seat one. And, I seriously doubt that a .277 bullet accidentally seated in a piece of brass intended for a .264 bullet would chamber.

However, it's best not to test my suspicions.
Have to agree here I have several 257 Bob A.I.s and two 6.5/257 Bob A.I.s. With only 6 or 7 thousands difference in bullets with those two there is no way to chamber the 6.5 in the .257 without a 2 lb. hammer! I tried to chamber one (without the hammer) to prove to myself that me or my family never would make a catastrophic mistake like that.
I would only guess that .013 or .014 difference between the .263 and .277 would make it that much more difficult. If someone neck turned in super excess then anything is possible I guess. Good thing some one caught it right away and a call was made to recall.
Randy

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.