12GA Rounds for Grizz?

Get ready to feel the love.

Yes, I'd use my 12ga 870 to defend against any charging bear on planet earth. Above and beyond any rifle from 35yds on in. Some 1 3/8oz Brenneke slugs would be in the magazine.

I'm not hunting bear with my 870. I'm stopping bears at close ranges.

My first round is tungsten buckshot. 9 pellets of #1 buckshot, and 1 pellet of #0000. Tungsten #1 buckshot penetrated 9" of live birch tree trunk in my penetration test. The #0000 tungsten penetrated 14" of live birch trunk. I load these tungsten shells for head shots.

The tungsten buckshot will hit the face of the bear at ~25-30yds, and I'll likely never have to fire the Brenneke slugs. But they would be in my 870 magazine. In case the bear morphed into Tyrannosaurus Rex or Godzilla.

We did finish a wounded grizzly close up in the willows with this combination a few years ago. Deadly...

If I didn't have the tungsten buckshot, I wouldn't feel short changed with solely the Brenneke slugs.

Now, you owe me for the love ❤️
Can confirm 😆

Attachments

• F55AD19B-0F37-4AC7-93F5-EF382EA636A5.jpeg
    F55AD19B-0F37-4AC7-93F5-EF382EA636A5.jpeg
    93.7 KB · Views: 61
I have always thought that wolves and grizzly reintroductions should take place according to which zip codes voted to reintroduce them. For instance Colorado wolves should be dropped off in Boulder and Denver since that is where the people voted to bring them back are from.
Sounds like Illegal Immigrants!

Is there some kind of weird incentive to keep this going, that's two almost identical replies to the same post only two months apart...

There is a ton load of info on this thread, thanks for all of it.

I'm too lazy to go thru all of this to sort thru it so I'll ask...on the real and not looking for why they shouldn't be used etc all I wish to hear is from those that believe in using shotguns for bear defense what slugs and or buck shot would you prefer if you could find it...?

Part of Montana that I live in has more than a few G bears that have a tendency to want to join us while we're fishing and I've thought about getting a shotgun to tote along while in certain areas. Side note, most of the time I carry my G20 in a chest holster.

It'll be another 30 pages by the time everyone gets answering it again, that's how varied the opinions are. I know reading hurts not been a fan of it since graduate school either, but it was covered at least three times in the last 30 pages the full cycle anyway.

There is a ton load of info on this thread, thanks for all of it.

I'm too lazy to go thru all of this to sort thru it so I'll ask...on the real and not looking for why they shouldn't be used etc all I wish to hear is from those that believe in using shotguns for bear defense what slugs and or buck shot would you prefer if you could find it...?

Part of Montana that I live in has more than a few G bears that have a tendency to want to join us while we're fishing and I've thought about getting a shotgun to tote along while in certain areas. Side note, most of the time I carry my G20 in a chest holster.

Muzzle Velocity1650 fps
Muzzle Energy3545 ft lbs

It'll be another 30 pages by the time everyone gets answering it again, that's how varied the opinions are. I know reading hurts not been a fan of it since graduate school either, but it was covered at least three times in the last 30 pages the full cycle anyway.

Totally understand thx