129 ABLR Load Data

Wachsmann

I just bought some of the 129 ABLR bullets (only 10 pack) and was wondering if anyone had any good load data for these? I done a search and did not have much luck for the 6.5X284 norma. I thought about starting close to what the 130 bergers or the 130 AB data is. I also have a box of nosler's 129 ABLR 6.5X284 norma loaded ammo. There is 52.9 grains of something in them. It looks like a short kernel powder.

Nosler has data out there oddly enough they have not developed the data for the ABLR as yet. I would start with the 130 data I would anticipate at least a grain more for maximum the bearing surface of the 130 NAB is .670 +-, the 129ABLR is .472+- and the 130 VLDH is .573+-.

You could try contacting Nosler and see if they have data waiting to be posted.

Good luck and shoot straight

Bob

Did you work up any loads with the 129 ABLR? I just started loading some starting loads waiting on the weather to get better now

What powder(s) do you have to work with? If you have it, a top end load of H4831SC is a good one that is also temp stable, albeit not the fastest kid on the block. Start with a seating test with 48-49 grains. Once you know where it likes to be seated, work up from there to max load (probably around 52-53).

Unfortunately powders are hard to come by in my area. I have IMR7977, RL19 and RL22. 4831sc was around some until I went to buy some and now is not at any of the local shops.

Unfortunately powders are hard to come by in my area. I have IMR7977, RL19 and RL22.
I hear ya. Then I would do a seat test with RL19 (easiest powder to find if you find a load it really likes) starting at ~51gr. Work up to max once seating depth is established.

Did a little bit of testing today gonna work the charges up now. Did not to like RL 19

Attachments

• 4814F9B2-18CE-4D2A-AD37-8AC1F3FEB86A.jpeg
    4814F9B2-18CE-4D2A-AD37-8AC1F3FEB86A.jpeg
    882.5 KB · Views: 131
Did you work up any loads with the 129 ABLR? I just started loading some starting loads waiting on the weather to get better now

I tried several of the slower powders like H1000, IMR7828 and the SC stuff, also retumbo as well. MY best load was with 4831SC but still was running a little slow if I remember. With that said I still never got anything like your getting with RL19. Since then I have burned out the barrel on that rifle and still need to get it replaced. I may try some of ABLR in a 6.5CM but just looking at ballistic data the 140 class of bullets will carrier the most energy out to extended ranges when comparing them to a 130 of same design like the 130VLD at 2950 compared to a 140VLD at 2800; which is what I think the CM is capable of doing i hope. I have some HSM ammo and it seem to run pretty fast to other 140 grain stuff. Also Hornady list 2830 or something like that on there 147 ELD match so the small case does have some speed in it. I'll probably be starting with RL 16 for powder choice. This will still be a month away as we will be moving shortly and I'll have to unpack and setup again.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.