125 to 130 grain bullets for 308 win

I used a 125 accubond out of my 30-06 to shoot my last deer. About 100 yard shot. I have pictures in the thread I wrote. It worked, and he tastes great. I put it through his lungs and he ran a ways. Not a great blood trail and lost most of the rib meat to bloodshot. If its all you have or can find they work.

I have a good accurate load of 130 ttsx out of a 20" barrel over H4895. I havent killed anything with that specific load, but have killed mule deer and moose wi9 lrx and 127 lrx. 130ttsx is the best of the barnes bullets in 308 in my opinion. Will keep you above minimum expansion
Curious if your 20" is a Rem 700 SPS? I run the 130 TTSX's out of one, and it flattens deer. When I loaded them I compared the classics: H4895 and Varget, which shot pretty well, mostly sub-MOA; but Win 748 always seemed to outperform them in my rifle, so that's what I stuck with. 53.4 grains of it, and they're leaving the muzzle at around 3,110. I've actually never seen any weight of TTSX's (130, 150, or 168's) from a .308 Win ever be recovered, all total pass-throughs. I did manage to get a measurement of the exiting diameter from the backside shoulder blade of my most recent buck, and it was still over caliber (can't remember exact number, in the .32" range) after a broadside shot at 300 yards. I feel comfortable with this load on bear and deer out to 500, and think it would do well on even elk or moose as others have experienced, but I've never personally done.

Curious if your 20" is a Rem 700 SPS? I run the 130 TTSX's out of one, and it flattens deer. When I loaded them I compared the classics: H4895 and Varget, which shot pretty well, mostly sub-MOA; but Win 748 always seemed to outperform them in my rifle, so that's what I stuck with. 53.4 grains of it, and they're leaving the muzzle at around 3,110. I've actually never seen any weight of TTSX's (130, 150, or 168's) from a .308 Win ever be recovered, all total pass-throughs. I did manage to get a measurement of the exiting diameter from the backside shoulder blade of my most recent buck, and it was still over caliber (can't remember exact number, in the .32" range) after a broadside shot at 300 yards. I feel comfortable with this load on bear and deer out to 500, and think it would do well on even elk or moose as others have experienced, but I've never personally done.
Yes, run it through SPS tac, and also have a howa 1500 lightweight. Both run around 2925 with H4895, havent really tried any other powders, but would like to speed them up. Maybe in a few years i can find some win748 and give it a try.
I have only recovered one barnes (127 lrx) and it was from a cow moose at 700yds out of a 26 nosler, and likely only recovered because it went through the spine first. Nice mushroom. All other barnes i have killed with are the same. In one side and out the other. Animal dead within 50 yds.

There was some 748 in stock on Powder Valley when I looked yesterday, but I just checked and sadly it's all gone now.
seems as though when not at my computer someone always throws up the "hey there's H4350, retumbo, and pixie dust at somethin or other gun shop" By the time im back on its always gone.

seems as though when not at my computer someone always throws up the "hey there's H4350, retumbo, and pixie dust at somethin or other gun shop" By the time im back on its always gone.
I feel for you.
Things were awkward in Australia but it sounds like it's shot over there.

There must be some serious hoarders in your parts. Maybe your mates have some and they ain't telling.

I'm with you on that.ive been looking everywhere for powders that I need and seems bbn like it's always popping up in stock when I'm not checking on my phone or when I'm at work

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.