124 gr Hammer does the job

Lpart

Just got back from AK and the 124 gr Hammer did an excellent job on a Dall Sheep. High shoulder shot. Made a mess of the shoulders and either bone or bullet fragments caught the front of the lungs. Exit was slightly more than 1/2". I think the petals came off and the rear of the bullet exited. At any rate, the sheep was bedded and sleeping never moved a muscle at 306 yards. DRT.

Larry with Sheep 2.jpg

Just got back from AK and the 124 gr Hammer did an excellent job on a Dall Sheep. High shoulder shot. Made a mess of the shoulders and either bone or bullet fragments caught the front of the lungs. Exit was slightly more than 1/2". I think the petals came off and the rear of the bullet exited. At any rate, the sheep was bedded and sleeping never moved a muscle at 306 yards. DRT.

View attachment 104411
Very cool!!! I am pretty sure that is the first doll sheep to get Hammered. Your ram is beautiful!

Can you tell us about your rifle and load?

Steve

Rifle was a 6.5 Creedmoor built on trued 700 short action in Iota Kremlin stock, 24" Bartlein #4 8 twist, Jewell trigger and Nigtforce NXS 2.5-10x32. 42.8 gr H4350 seated 2.224 to ogive in Alpha brass with Fed 210 primer. Muzzle vel 2898, impact vel 2417.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.