123 SMK or 123 Scenar in 6.5mm?

sebell

Does anyone have empirical data to support which bullet has the best BC? Any opinions or data is appreciated. I am going to be using RL 22 (or H4831) in 6.5-284.

If it is for hunting, I would forget the scenar- wont work well on game.-

I'd go with the 140 a-max, I have 5 one shot kills on deer out to 609 yards, out of a 260ai. If your punching paper use what shoots the best.

I would start my loads with h4831sc first, I found it to be the best in my 6.5 bore. Also temp stable unlike r22.

Viva,
I cant give any definate proof of which bullet has the best BC can only go by what the maker said: Scenar .547, SMK .510.
However here in the UK shooters using 6.5s seem to favour the Scenar when using that weight of bullet, its very popular in the 260 for F Class.

Ian

[ QUOTE ]
Viva,
I cant give any definate proof of which bullet has the best BC can only go by what the maker said: Scenar .547, SMK .510.
However here in the UK shooters using 6.5s seem to favour the Scenar when using that weight of bullet, its very popular in the 260 for F Class.

Ian

[/ QUOTE ]

That is probably because there is likely no 123 Sierra's across the pond yet /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I have yet to see any good data on these two bullets, but will be finding out myself in the coming months...

The 123 SMK is shorter but sleeker, so i'd trust the relative difference in BC's

JB

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.