$1200 budget, what would you buy?

All brands that have been listed will all work just about anybody making firearms now days are producing MOA or sub MOA because of forums like this and sportsmen Shooters and hunters require the best of accuracy and good products good job guys

Agree with SS and others about the 25-06. Get a Remmy 700 SS MR. Plenty of rifle for his wants. Low recoil, light carry rifle for the hills. I have had 6 25-06's and all have been under 1" 5 shot groupers at 100 yards. Best factory load for me is the Federal Premium 100 gr Nosler BT. Great deer and coyote killer.

If he's stuck on a CF barrel, the Savage 110 Ultralight is certainly a way at that price point. But I think he'd be paying an unnecessary price premium (personal choice). The Browning Hell's Canyon Speed is another good suggestion of yours. If it were me, I'd go with the Tikka T3X in 6.5 Creedmoor or 7-08 Remington. He'd be under his $1200 budget and would have out-of-the-box quality results for the need you describe in a lightweight package.

Okay, a friend of mine is in search of a new rifle. 90%+ use will be Georgia WT, so 80-150lb animals and in the area we are in, 400yrds is a long shot. Stand and some mountain (hills for a lot of y'all) hunting. He has his mind leaning towards one of the new Savage 110 Ultralights in 6.5CM.. Glass is covered, but for just the factory naked rifle, anything else he should look at in that price range, or less? I mentioned the Browning Hells Canyon Speed rifles, not sure what else in a quality factory rifle is out there. Thanks for the help
Eric

Savage is an excellent choice (esp. when it is his). Their out of the box accuracy and DIY friendliness is hard to beat.

Well, not sure that he's a hunter or a gun enthusiast, but I'm trying to help him into either or both profiles. I know he hasn't ever hunted anything other than squirrel, and that with a BB gun. He has had a VERY sheltered youthful upbringing, but a good kid, and is just trying to find his footing.
I'll send him the suggestions, I'm just under the impression that he's hung up on the CF barrels.. (He drives a Honda civic with a CF hood and trunk spoiler.. Blows my mind, but to each their own..)
Helpful info Kay. There are several rifles options: X-Bolt Hell's Canyon Speed or LR, Rem 700 5R Gen2, Tikka T3 or T3X ss Lite, Savage UL, or Win Model 70's. Since he's graduating from a Daisy, 6.5 Creedmoor is a great low-recoil cartridge. A .270 or 7mm-08 are other low recoil rounds. A 300 RUM would probably kick the begeebers out of him:)