11yr old boy 530yd shot

DCGS

Official LRH SPONSOR
A friend took me down to his farm in eastern NC for some long range doe shooting this afternoon. We set up between 2 fields I was covering one on the left he was on the right. The first deer came out ten minutes after getting set Jet ranged the deer at 731 yds. I dialed in the distance in my nightforce on top of my 7rum that Nate at SSG fixed for me which Joel Russo then bedded and then touched off a 162 Amax. The doe hit the ground. Before we stopped watching this deer another one walked out at 530yds. His 11 yr old son took over and bang another one hit the ground. Some kind of nerves for a 11 yr old. Now for my host to get a shot. In the field he was watching there must have been 10 to 12 deer in it. He was set up with his 270 Allen Mag and touched of and once again dead deer. This was about as much fun as a man can have with good friends watching a young man getting started and enjoying our sport. If I can figure out how I will post some pictures of our set up. It was real simple at that distance the deer don't even know you are there. Thanks to my host for a fantastic time Dan Glover

Very nice shooting, congratulations to you all! Congratulations specially to the 11yr old friend, that's some shooting!!!:)

Sounds like a great afternoon. That 11 yr old must be a pretty cool customer. If you can post some pics, I never get tired of looking at fine rifles and game animals.:)

Now that's the way it's supposed to work.

Congratulations to that young boy, and thanks for sharing your knowledge with him. He's off to a good start

E-mail me your pictures and I'll post them for you.

Here you are Dan..

longrangeshots004-1.jpg

longrangeshots005.jpg

longrangeshots006.jpg

Thanks for the replies That 11yr old boy is on cloud 9 especially after Joel put the pics up for me. His Dad said he thinks he is like Michael Waddell now There is nothing better for confidence than other peoples praise Think about what he will go back to school when show and tell comes up Thanks Dan

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.