115 DTAC in 6mm creedmoor???

drmarsh

Posted this in another section but no responses.

Anyone using the 115 DTAC rebated boattail in the 6 mm creedmoor

If so what powder has worked the best. Been loading h4350 with 105 hybrid's but would love to try and get a little more barrel life.

I have a Savage 6 mm Creed,26' barrel ,tried some Sierra 110 that I got as a sample,worked up loads with R26 to 45 grains had 2970 on the crony with sd of 12,05,,have not ordered any yet,I picked up a box of Hornady 108's and worked up a load of 48.0 gr. of R26,Hornady brass and CCI BR2's comes out at 3,365fps,with a s.d .of 4.02 to 18.95,depending on the brass,I think I am going to have to anneal the necks as I have noticed different neck tension,groups ran from ,215 to ,508 for 3 shot groups,that's all I do when working with loads,will be going out again Thursday,had been cold here,averaged 33 in the morning,Thursday supposed to be about 42 when I will be out,noticed it likes them right at the lands just kissing,2.760" OL Pete

I am quite sure that hat the 110's could have run higher,but ran out of bullets ,the case head expansion was the same at 43.5 as 45.0 which leads me to believe I could take them higher and have good velocity,Pete

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts