10mm bullet

RH300UM

Forgive me. I could not find a place to ask this question in the lineup of forums. If I need to be directed elsewhere let me know. Here is my question. I am using a 10mm for bear protection . What is the best bullet/load any of you could recommend? I am looking at the Buffalo Big Bore in 200 gr. fmc. Again I am soory if I have misplaced this.

RH- YOU do not say what gun or what bear. i am out of town. i ave an extensive article at home on reloading the 10mm. I can look it up. i lot of AA-9 and a 170. other wise shoot a lot, aim for the head.

The pistol is a Glock 20.Recoil spring to be changed to a 17 lbs. Black and Grizzly bears. I do a lot of backcountry horse packing in the west. Tried revolers. Just like the autos. In fact that is all I have now.

You can buy hard cast bullets and brass from double tap. I use there 200 gn wide flat nose gas check bullets loaded with 800x at just over 1300 fps from my glock 29. They have the ability to completely penetrate a moose standing broadside thru both shoulders.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.