105g A-MAX

No info on the A-max, but,,,,,, I'm using 107 SMK's in my 243 AI (1 in 8 twist), behind 45 gr RE 22 and BR primers. These are giving me 3200 fps.

hope it helps you a little???

i haven't used them, mine has a 1-10 so they prolly wouldn't stablize... but from what i've heard they should do pretty good. most ppl with the 1-8 barrels really like those.

105 A-Max

I just got through shooting PDs in Texas last Monday using the 105 A-Max in my 6x284. I was disappointed that I couldn't get accuracy above 3200 FPS, but I loaded the most accurate load, 50 grains of H4831SC, at 3200. Well, I was shocked at how flat it shot and the devastating impact. I'll spare you the details, but it was like a guided missile. I didn't try anything this trip past 600 yards, but it makes a very good varmint round with extreme accuracy and no walking wounded, just what the doctor ordered.

They work great in my 243AI fireform loads....I haven't tried them in the formed cases yet. I am shooting the 105gr bergers at 3320fps, so I am not sure if the a-max's will hold up in the 3 groove Lilja.

8 twist

Hi you should be using a 9 twist for the A Max in the 243Ai the same as a 6mm/284. You will probably blow some up with full power loads. They work in smaler cases in the 8 twist but at over 3200fps in the 8 twist you will juts blow jackets inside the barrel and will get lead fouling inside the bore especily with the 3 groove Lilja barrel they are fairly hard on jackets.

Cheers Bill

105 A-Max

I have a 10-twist Hart that is shooting the 105 A-Max very well at only 3200 out of a 6x284. I haven't shot it past 600 yards yet, but out that far it is very flat shooting and deadly.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts