105 hybrid vs 105 Amax vs 107 smk

I'm guessing you don't care about hide damage given that you are using a 240 wby.
I would use the 105 amax. They have the polymer tip and a little bit thinner jackets so my guess would be reliable and explosive expansion on small game.

105 Amax, I use it for my prairie dog load. The other two I wouldn't trust to open. I generally don't like using target bullets other than the polymer tipped kind for any kind of hunting, varmint or otherwise. I don't trust the hollow point designs to open reliably.

When shooting steel with my 6BR I use the 107 matchking. When I use it for prairie dogs I switch to the 105 Amax. The 107 matchkings shoot slightly better for me but I won't use them for hunting.

Berger 105 VLD Hunting. I have done dogs to deer..... works great!!!

Both with a Dasher and a 6-47L. Not sure if there will be any issues with bullet blowup with the 240. That will depend on the condition of your bore.

I also have had great luck with the 108BT.

I am a big fan of the amax. The smaller caliber match kings tend to pencil through and the Berger vld has always been more finicky for me to load for. Amax is not at all sensitive to seating depth and overall very forgiving.

I used the 105 hybrid to kill a coues wt at 520 yds using a 6mm-284 two years ago. Bullet went through behind the shoulders at a slight angle and exited. There was evidence that it expanded. The deer expired in a short time. Impact velocity was 2750 fps.

I've shot coyotes with just about every thing looking for the perfect load . Until recently I'd never tried the a max ( mostly because I didn't like how the 22 cal v Max's performed) . long story short, a 105g Amax out of my new dasher is the Hammer of Thor on coyotes. The six or eight shots so far have ranged between 300 and 600 yards. They go in and don't exit. When you hit a yote, he hits the ground, and if he gets up it's only for a couple yards. The bergers have always treated me good , but I'd say get some amaxs.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.