105 AMax or 107 SMK on deer

jacack

Both shoot about the same out of my 243AI I am running them at 3250fps and getting groups in the .4 range,just wanted to hear which would be better for deer past 250 yrds

Jared

You guys should know better than shooting deer with SMK's or A-Max bullets. Jeeeezzz, everyone here knows better than that!
grin.gif

VH. Can't tell if you are serious or not, but if you are you need to try them. Hit some deer with SMK's or A-Max and you will change your mind.

Without a doubt, hunting big game with the Sierra MK bullet has been the most pondered, discussed, digested, regergitated and debated topic on this board. It barely takes the mention of the SMK to get someone all heated up.
YES, I was kidding.
As for my personal experience with the SMK on big game. I shot one large PA whitetail with a SMK bullet from my Weathery 7mm mag rifle. Although I did not perform an autopsy, the deer had a sizable hole blasted out the far side of its chest and expired quickly. I considered that shot to be in the X ring.
grin.gif
wink.gif
grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.