103 grain hammer hunter

Rem81

Has anyone shot the 103 grain hammer hunter in a 25-06 or 25-06ai? I have a fast twist barrel so my twist will be ok! Anyone have any reload data for it, like to use h1000 or Retumbo. Are any other bullets similar to it to use for starting point for load? Also any experience shooting deer or coyotes with the bullet?

We just received a box of 90gr Absolute Hammers and I promised to wait till Xmas for a few reloading goodies that my wife/hunting partner knows I was wanting.
(270 and 280 resize dies) for necking down LC '06 brass.
Both the two rifles we have are fast twist
Tikka is a 1"-10" and I believe the Browning is a 10.5"
I think you may find H4350 or my personal favorite for many '06 based cartridges, H4831sc
I'm running 115 gr. Partitions in both guns currently.
Tikka's sweet spot on the high node is 53.7 gr. and the Browning is 53.15 gr.
Theses are above book loads for a cup-core heavier bullet.
I have ever tried H1000 Or Retumbo in an '06 based case.
Will you be using standard primers or magnum primers ?

We just received a box of 90gr Absolute Hammers and I promised to wait till Xmas for a few reloading goodies that my wife/hunting partner knows I was wanting.
(270 and 280 resize dies) for necking down LC '06 brass.
Both the two rifles we have are fast twist
Tikka is a 1"-10" and I believe the Browning is a 10.5"
I think you may find H4350 or my personal favorite for many '06 based cartridges, H4831sc
I'm running 115 gr. Partitions in both guns currently.
Tikka's sweet spot on the high node is 53.7 gr. and the Browning is 53.15 gr.
Theses are above book loads for a cup-core heavier bullet.
I have ever tried H1000 Or Retumbo in an '06 based case.
Will you be using standard primers or magnum primers ?
Been using magnum primers on other loads with h1000 and other bullets. Get great groups (1/2"-1/4")with 87grain TNT Speer and 85 grain ballistic tips but they are not consistent!!! Beings I have a 1-8 twist I would like to try heaver bullets for it. I want a lite kicking load for coyotes out to 500 yards or less. Thinking the 103 grain hammer will be better fit. Going to try the blackjack 131 grains at later time, want a flatter point blank aim for now.

Pelt money is on the rise. You should consider it .....
And the bullets you choose. In Wyoming, 60 bucks for a raw coyote is pretty good
Got three today just driving and glassing for elk.
Chit. Wife and I paid for our entire weekend and didn't have to even skin, flesh and sew holes
And had enough for extras.
I realize in MO it might not be the same
Jmtcw

Been using magnum primers on other loads with h1000 and other bullets. Get great groups (1/2"-1/4")with 87grain TNT Speer and 85 grain ballistic tips but they are not consistent!!! Beings I have a 1-8 twist I would like to try heaver bullets for it. I want a lite kicking load for coyotes out to 500 yards or less. Thinking the 103 grain hammer will be better fit. Going to try the blackjack 131 grains at later time, want a flatter point blank aim for now.
Call Steve @ Hammer and get his opinion. If you haven't already
I have Zero experience with anything they produce but am headed new territory with their bullets, and I'm not the least bit spooked

I whacked a couple of coyotes with the 92 grain Hammer Hunters outta my 25-06 on Saturday, needless to say they were very effective. I run mine in front of IMR4451 at about 3415 fps.

I whacked a couple of coyotes with the 92 grain Hammer Hunters outta my 25-06 on Saturday, needless to say they were very effective. I run mine in front of IMR4451 at about 3415 fps.
How far off the rifling do you seat them?

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts