1018 yard Hog head shot

Yes Vic it did take me a very long time to build a unique long range rifle. Using a left handed Weatherby Mk V action has caused me to wait long periods of time for parts to be even available to upgrade it to how I wanted but it has paid off big time! It shoots JLKs through the same whole every single shot when they touch the lands! Bergers are close to the same. Just picked up some AMAX's yesterday and will see how they do. Curious to see if the BC is what Hornady says it is...

Thanks for the comments guys!

ICANHITHIMMAN- Where do you live..perhaps we can barder a trade of some sort PM me

I dialed my Kenton BDC to a click shy of 1025,

115VLD, you can't do that with a BDC, it just isn't possible. :)

I use one, too, and sometimes I get so tired of the religious fervor of the naysayers.

Nice job.

Were you actually dumping those hogs on the run at 700 and 800 yds?

-Mark

yes I was. The fields we were in were so muddy they were running slow. I only lead them 1-2 ft. Factoring in a 12 mph wind from 9' plus them running was interesting to figure while everything was unfolding.

Yes Mr. Backus I lov my BDC dial from Kenton. It is dead on every click for almost every situation I have shot in. I need to shoot my jlk's and see if the posted bc for them is what they say it is before I order another bdc for their 168 vld

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts