1016 yard black bear kill by Shawn Carlock

I'm using Warne quic release scope rings that I've trued and polished for full contact. I may have put a small brop of blue locktite on each half of the rings before i torqued them. The quick change screws are licktited. There isn't a Weaver/picatinny rail. Would you still suggest that I Use more than 1 set of rings? If so how would I mount them? I'm using the 2 piece ring mounts.

Seeing Mr. Carlocks long range video is what got me into long range shooting over 13 years ago. When I saw the video at first I thought there had to be some camera trickery because I couldn't believe those shots were being made. Then I figured that most of the animals I've shot at don't hang around until I finally hit it, therefore impressively possible.

And the son of a gun has cost me a fortune ever since!!!

Haha. All the best.

I'm using Warne quic release scope rings that I've trued and polished for full contact. I may have put a small brop of blue locktite on each half of the rings before i torqued them. The quick change screws are licktited. There isn't a Weaver/picatinny rail. Would you still suggest that I Use more than 1 set of rings? If so how would I mount them? I'm using the 2 piece ring mounts.
I have mounted numerous scopes for myself and friends over the years. I also have 3 sets of Warne QD mounts. In all my years of mounting I've never had one come loose from shooting, and I've never applied loctite to any of them. Proper lapping & torque is all that should be required. What are you shooting that would cause you to think you might need two sets of rings on the same gun?

Just old habits. I used to use thinned clear "Hard as Nails" fingernail polish when locktite wasn't in every store. I had to get from a hotrod shop. They had it for people building engines. That's how I found it.
I forgot, I was shooting my very light 06 with hot loads and an old heavy Bushness 3x9x56 scope. I liked to have never seen that it walked to the front ring.

I have mounted numerous scopes for myself and friends over the years. I also have 3 sets of Warne QD mounts. In all my years of mounting I've never had one come loose from shooting, and I've never applied loctite to any of them. Proper lapping & torque is all that should be required. What are you shooting that would cause you to think you might need two sets of rings on the same gun?
It's the hyper magnums that produce incredible muzzle pressure which makes the muzzle brakes so effective that does this. My 7 Allen Mag has very little felt recoil. Unbelievable, really. I can spot hits at 300 yds no problem. But while the body can hardly perceive it, what's happening is the recoil impulse from rearward to being yanked forward by the brake is so short and so intense that scopes will slide in the rings - like being hit by a hammer. Kirby Allen is no neophyte to this stuff. If he does it (he put 3 on my build), it must be a legitimate thing. 😎 (BTW - he has failed some pretty tough scope reticles with his chamberings this way)

I followed Shawn after a Scope sliding on one of my 338 Edge Rifles . So far so good ! This new 375 Rum and 365 gr in the works will test a set of Rings I'm positive!

Rum Man
Screenshot_20230131-191934_Gallery.jpg

He probably had problems getting low mount pieces because everybody bought them first. You never know he may have a big melon or maybe he has neck problems, maybe he just likes it that way. To each his own.

Blkrflguy, I'm sorry, I didn't mean not to answer the question of what it's on. It's a slightly modified 7mm Valkyrie (300Wm parentcase) it's similar to Nathan Walker's 7/300 Practical. He has some rather impressive videos, you ought to look at them. He makes some very long shots on goats and hogs. He has a book series and a company in New Zealand and I can't remember the company name right now.