100gr NBT in 25-06

tonganjord

I am trying to find a good powder for my 25-06 with a 100 NBT. Does anyone have a good powder with measurement, coal, velocity and patterns for as many different yardages as you've got?

I've had excellent luck with a near-max load of RL22 and the Nosler 100 gr BT in my rifle. Individual lots of this powder tend to vary, so I buy it in the 8lb jugs. With my current lot, max load is at book max. With my last lot, my rifle's max load was 2gr under max book (Nosler book), so definitely work up slowly in your rifle.

It's taken deer every time the trigger's been pulled, along with antelope and long range prairie dogs. Cloverleaf groups at 100 yds, and then I'm in the field with it, so can't tell you "patterns" at different ranges, but this load is a shooter in my rifle and in a buddy's rifle.

Have fun,

Brian

The best load for mine used IMR-4831, Win or Rem cases and Win WLR primers.

The OAL was 3.250 base to tip.

This load easily shot 1/2" groups at 200 year round.

I found the 115gr Partitions to be more suited for my hunting. I use RL-22 with every thing else the same as above. With the partitions I simply seated them to the same depth as the 100gr BT and they have been just as accurate. I didn't change the seater in other words. Witht he 115's I have shot plenty of limb rats off my feeders at over 200yds, yote in the head at 350, and one VERY MAD 400+ pound feral hog at the muzzle.

I passed this rifle over to my daughter a couple of years ago. Just before I did I tried out the 110gr AB using the same load I used for my 115's. I shot three rounds and we had to ride out to the 200yd target to tell I actually put them all through the same enlarged hole. Last year jsut before deer season I checked the scope out for her at 250yds using the 110's. I shot one fouler through a clean barrel, and two for group. I think it still has some life left in it, for a while anyway,
P4220201.jpg

I had a rem sendero that loved 100gr nbt with cci200 case neck sized h4831 at 56gr and 25thou off lands.i have shot chucks out to 643 yards and deer just under 500.

The best load for mine used IMR-4831, Win or Rem cases and Win WLR primers.

The OAL was 3.250 base to tip.

This load easily shot 1/2" groups at 200 year round.

I found the 115gr Partitions to be more suited for my hunting. I use RL-22 with every thing else the same as above. With the partitions I simply seated them to the same depth as the 100gr BT and they have been just as accurate. I didn't change the seater in other words. Witht he 115's I have shot plenty of limb rats off my feeders at over 200yds, yote in the head at 350, and one VERY MAD 400+ pound feral hog at the muzzle.

I passed this rifle over to my daughter a couple of years ago. Just before I did I tried out the 110gr AB using the same load I used for my 115's. I shot three rounds and we had to ride out to the 200yd target to tell I actually put them all through the same enlarged hole. Last year jsut before deer season I checked the scope out for her at 250yds using the 110's. I shot one fouler through a clean barrel, and two for group. I think it still has some life left in it, for a while anyway,
P4220201.jpg

+1

I shot I 4831 with 100 nos bt's into a nice mule deer last year and it brought her down like the plague. The bullet didn't exit though, even at 300 + yards. Not my choice of a pill but it is my Dad's rifle and my rifle was kaput for the day and I had to use something to kill the deer.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.