1000yd ranges in NC or VA ?

There are 2 IBS 1k ranges in WVA. both on the IBS website.

The new range in WVA is called Peacekeepers and just inside the border above Winchester VA. Membership will be $400 a year but quite a few ranges. the VA 1k club is supposed to start shooting there in Oct for their last match.

BH

Coastal Carolina Shooting Club at Stone Bay Rifle Range (Camp LeJeune) has there next match in September. It's only 35 bucks to shoot but only in .308 30-06 or .223 military approved cartridges. A.C. Webster runs the show and he is a #1 guy. You can check it all out and get his # on there web site if anyone is interested.

BountyHunter - thanks for the info once again. I found the website here:

https://peacemakernational.com/Home_Page.html

I'm sending my application tomorrow. According to the site you don't have to pay until it opens in August:

"Download application by clicking the above link or email [email protected] for an application if you have trouble opening this PDF File. Please print out and complete this application, and scan it and send it to [email protected] If you can't scan and email your completed application for approval please send it to 782 Foxcroft Ave #123 Martinsburg, WV 25401. You will not be charged until we open. Pre-registering secures your membership spot.

- Memberships will be capped! If you shoot a lot, want to learn to shoot, or shoot competitively - you should apply for pre-registration while it is available - Note: You must be a member to access the great majority of our range complex."

Another thing I noticed:

"1000 Yard Rifle Range: Electronic Target Systems!!!!! 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000 yards. 10 shooting lanes. Ideal for F-Class, Benchrest, training and practice. This range is the only competition capable electronic 1000 yard rifle range in the USA and the second range in the world."

Kinda cool.

Thanks for the info on the club near LeJeune Birddog. I'll keep that in mind for sure. Are you going to that match?

I'm planning on it. Didn't have a gun in those calibers till a month ago when I picked up a Sako TRG-22 in .308. I just got a load developed for it and it's a tack driving machine. If you get the time you should drive down. The scoped 1000 yard match is on Sunday, with iron sights on Saturday.

I'm planning on it. Didn't have a gun in those calibers till a month ago when I picked up a Sako TRG-22 in .308. I just got a load developed for it and it's a tack driving machine. If you get the time you should drive down. The scoped 1000 yard match is on Sunday, with iron sights on Saturday.

Wow, a TRG-22? I've never shot one but enjoyed reading about that and the AI for comparison. Alot of shooters really like their TRG rigs.

I might make it down there for a weekend. It would be good for me I'm sure.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.