1000yd ranges in NC or VA ?

I've shot a 308 Winchester 700 Varmint (off a bipod) with a 3.5 - 10X Leupold.

Nobody cares what you bring. They want you to succeed and have fun. Bring friends.

:)

Would I like rediculous showing up with a stock Sendero with a 10X Zeiss on it ?

You would not look ridiculous at all. The community at these ranges will be glad to have you there. And since I would be representative of that community, I would add that I would be glad to help you in any way and loan you any equipment you might not yet have or forgot (bipod, shooting mat etc). If you happen to be going to Quantico, PM me and if I'm going, I'll be glad to meet up with you and show you the ropes.

As a matter of fact, you're starting out a bit ahead of where I started. I started with a Rem700SPS Varmint (totally stock) with a Bushnell fixed 10x scope.

According to Camp Butner website it says: To become a member, a person must be sponsored by an existing member. The club membership application form must be filled out and mailed to:
Jeff Rorer
NSSC Secretary
2209 Edgewater Dr
Winterville NC 28590
The application will be voted on by the Board of Directors at the next quarterly meeting or by electronic vote. Cost of membership is $20 initiation fee plus $30 yearly membership fee or five (5) years for $120.

So I'd probably call them before driving all that way and possibly not being able to shoot unless they allow daily shooters.

WOW for 50 bucks you get a one year membership and 30 bucks yearly after that...**** that's outstanding. Around here the first year would cost you about 180 bucks-max range 200yds and another about 250 bucks max range 600yds. I don't mind paying either...I'm just amazed-1000yds for the price of a box of ammo-falls into the category of one of lives true bargains:)

According to Camp Butner website it says: To become a member, a person must be sponsored by an existing member. The club membership application form must be filled out and mailed to:
Jeff Rorer
NSSC Secretary
2209 Edgewater Dr
Winterville NC 28590
The application will be voted on by the Board of Directors at the next quarterly meeting or by electronic vote. Cost of membership is $20 initiation fee plus $30 yearly membership fee or five (5) years for $120.

So I'd probably call them before driving all that way and possibly not being able to shoot unless they allow daily shooters.

WOW for 50 bucks you get a one year membership and 30 bucks yearly after that...**** that's outstanding. Around here the first year would cost you about 180 bucks-max range 200yds and another about 250 bucks max range 600yds. I don't mind paying either...I'm just amazed-1000yds for the price of a box of ammo-falls into the category of one of lives true bargains:)

Quantico has many of the same requirements in order to become a member. For instance, if you are not active or former military, you must have a sponsor to join. That's not hard to get.

Anyone can shoot at Quantico during their 'rec-fire' opportunities. The difference between members and nonmembers is that members shoot for free and nonmmembers pay $10. It's during one of these sessions that it's easy to find a military member that would be willing to sponsor your membership application.

If anyone has questions about membership at Quantico Shooting Club, email them at [email protected]

You have to be a member at North State or Quantico to practice. I don't believe you have to be a member to shoot matches.

Anyone a member at NSSC? I just sent an email to some members to try and get sponsorship! How do you become a member if you don't know anyone?

I guess you have to go to competitions to get recognition to become a member... But you have to practice to go to competitions.. But you have to be a member to practice...

... and the cycle continues!

Thanks for any info!

I can't find any info on that new range in WV (Patriots?) on the BR forum. Does anyone still have the link? Pardon my foolishness, I had it before but misplaced it, and a Google search isn't showing anything the way I'm "asking".

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.