1000yd Pdog Repeat

GG,

Don't worry about us getting discouraged. If the ole 243 won't do it, I've got a 300 RUM and a .270 AM on the way that should!!

My .243 is not an AI. It's just a standard .243 win. I'm getting 3130 out of the 105 amax. At about 1500 yds it goes subsonic on me. I figure my consistancy will go to crap after that. Even so, I think we'll try it!!

Bill,

The 270 AM will stay supersonic with the 169.5 gr ULD RBBT out to 2200 to 2300 yards depending on your altitude. This is also with a relatively mild 3300 fps starting velocity so you will have total stability out to this range easily.

Plan to get your barrel fitted by weeks end if all goes well this week. Then it will just be waiting for the bedding to cure and range testing!!! Soon my friend.

Kirby Allen(50)

It looks like I may get the 270 before that lazy smith here gets my 300 RUM back to me!!! Either way, the anticipation should be enough to get me through a few more weeks of work, and the overtime I'm having to put in to pay for these things. Oh well, you gotta pay to play. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you, It is good to know that there are other people out there who love to shot little dogs at extreme ranges. I am looking foward to hitting my first dog at 1000 yards. It most have been a great feeling to hit that dog at that range. It takes much skill to hit something that small at that range. You most have learned how to shoot from Bill, Ha Ha!! Anyways, it is good knowing that I can at least talk to people about this sport. By the way, a friend and I are going pdog hunting in Wyoming next year at the Rockin 7 Ranch or another alternative is to stay with my wife's aunt in Perkins, Oklahoma. She has know Idea where to shoot pdogs so maybe you and Bill know of some good long range place to shoot out that way. tHe Rockin 7 Ranch looks good on the net but it's a little pricey. This will be my first pdog hunt. We don't have em out her in California in less a pdog is a Liberal!! then we have tons. Sorry, didn't mean to get political. I don't know how to install pictures, when I learn, I will post a picture of my rifles and maybe even a 1000 yrd varmint kill. Thanks again for the nice welcome, and tell Bill thanks too!!!. One more question? are you guys cheaper to buy from than Midway or Natchez. If so, I will need to call you guys and place an order. Once again, Thank you!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.