1000 yds + in SW PA

I along with a bunch of my friend would all be interested. We are around an hour or hour and a half away from you.

Dragman , I've never been to reade range . I go to a 500m range that is close to me . I'd sure like to find a place to shoot longer distances , that's not so busy . I just think reade is going to be too busy for me .

Dragman , I've never been to reade range . I go to a 500m range that is close to me . I'd sure like to find a place to shoot longer distances , that's not so busy . I just think reade is going to be too busy for me .
We shoot Ridgway VBR 1000 yard bench rest silhouette. First shoots May 5th

I would be interested to just be able to shoot beyond 4&600. I wouldn't mind taking a ride a couple times a month to stretch the legs on our rigs. I am in the York area. A little poke, but would travel some.

The 1000 yard range outside of Williamsport I believe is the original one. It's a pretty neat place. When we represented Kowa I did a few promotions there.

I am out near Brownsville area. About 45 mins directly south of Pittsburgh. I have been looking for a club that offers long range. I couldn't find anything with distances over 300yds...
I live 30 minutes from Brownsville id definitely be interested in shooting out to 1000. Keep me in mind thx.

Thanks guys for the advice. I would like to go check out a F Class course and see what its all about. See if I can get something going for that. Maybe even get into some competitions. I really want to get into it more. But its hard when I can't convince any of my buddies to do the same. But anyways at very least I would like to put up some nice targets with backstops I do some excavating as a side business so moving the dirt isn't an issue for me.

So what I am thinking is this. Talk to an attorney to get a CYA form made up. Hopefully by then I will have about a dozen or so people interested in doing this. Make a modest membership fee to help pay for targets and taxes. (I'm not doing this to make money, but I dont want to lose a bunch either :) ). Then hopefully with some help get a course set up and going. The place has a gate on it thats locked. But with the membership you will get a key to the gate to shoot whenever you want. There is a decent road that goes all the way up so you will be able to drive up to the targets. Oh and build some benches of course.

And who knows, long term, maybe we will get enough to put up a club house with a garage and atv to use to go back and forth from the targets. lightbulb . Doesnt hurt to dream :D
Howdy, did you ever open this range? I would be very interested in joining this club. 👍

Howdy, did you ever open this range? I would be very interested in joining this club. 👍
Darkside, look up Harry Jones 1000 yard range in Fairview, WV. Great range and awesome club members. Competitions several times per year also.