1000 yds + in SW PA

the first thing id be doing is going to your township office and getting a copy
of the zoning ordnance. assuming of coarse it is a zoned area.
if so it will contain a list of things it is unlawfull to do even though you own the property.
things like junk yards, hog farms, and possibly rifle ranges might be off limits.
if the area has no zoning ordnance you would have an easier path.
if it does however you can bet there will be people trying to stop you.
before you invest your time and money id be finding these things out.
occaisional shooting might be one thing. but regular shooting as an organized club might be a different matter.

Last edited:
Target would be in the far. Basically the layout is a valley with a hill at the end. So you can place targets at any distance and still be able to see them. The 2 perspectives on the pictures show 2 different places to shoot from. The first is if you are in the valley and can shoot flat to about 600yds. Then some incline angle from 600yds to 1000. The next pic shows if you want to shoot from the top of the hill. So you would have decline angle to about 500yds. To about level at 1000yds.

I'd love to get involved. Looks like about an hour drive down from where I'm at in the city, but would be more than willing to make the drive if we had a shoot organized to check out the property, burn some powder and scheme for the future.

Well I will keep you on the list. I am in the process of planning something now. It will be sometime this summer. I am going to start welding up some targets and work on a plan of attack. I figured some friendly competitions and chow on some burgers. More details to come. Or feel free to toss any ideas out for shooting scenarios or competitions. Or anything at all for that matter.

Yep still in the works... Unfortuanatley gas company is putting a gas line across the property right now. I was going to wait till they are done before doing it. So just hang in there. And hope we get something going this summer. But thanks for asking. Gives me ambition to know you guys out there are interested!

I just saw this thread. I drive out to pitt alot for my wifes work. I would love to have a place to go shooting while shes working. Anything I can do to help let me know.

I'd be interested too!!!

I live near New Stanton, PA - would love to have a range to shoot distance & learn from you guys!!