1000+ yards in SW Wyoming?

dk17hmr

Looking for somewhere that is safe to shoot 1000+ close to Rock Springs. Plenty of BLM land around here, but I want somewhere I wont bother or be bothered with people on dirt bikes, or driving around in thier trucks. I have found a couple places that I could shoot that far easy enough but I am leary of setting up.

The Sweetwater County firearms range is nice and I go there pretty often but they only have 500 yards to shoot.

Looking for somewhere that is safe to shoot 1000+ close to Rock Springs. Plenty of BLM land around here, but I want somewhere I wont bother or be bothered with people on dirt bikes, or driving around in thier trucks. I have found a couple places that I could shoot that far easy enough but I am leary of setting up.

The Sweetwater County firearms range is nice and I go there pretty often but they only have 500 yards to shoot.
The range in Green River at FMC park. It is 1000 yds from the bench to the rimrock straight out. Notice gongs at 300, 500, 600.
Lander holds formal 1000 yd shoots.lightbulb

Thank you, I didnt know GR had a range, dont go down there much. I will have to check it out. Is there a target butt at 1000?

No target butt. Just a rock ledge.
There were a couple of guys that used to live in GR who were 1000yd shooters told me that their 1000 yd setting worked there.
they also said it range findered that distance. You will figure it out from the bench. I shot the Green River range for years.

Im might be in Rawlins again in a few weeks. I work for Terracon and we have a couple well sites in town over there....was actually there today.

Looks like if they send me, when the project kicks off, I will be there for a week or more. Might have to throw in a rifle.

Went down to the FMC range today. It's not to bad. There arent any target butts so I will have to build a portable frame to take with me. I will have to go there during the week sometime and check out down range. Quite a few people there and I dont need any extra holes by someone not paying attention.

The FMC range has a lot of use. Benches are not of any NBRSA design. You will be able to pick out the serious types easily. Of course traffic is lighter on weekdays.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.