1000 ya hunting/target rifle

Change your handle over to the other side. It will facilitate your right hand to better actuate the press

Change your handle over to the other side. It will facilitate your right hand to better actuate the press

Ya it's only threaded in a little. Was just for show for the time being. Hopefully got time in next couple days to get it mounted up. Will make a mount to hold powder measurer as well. Don't want it right on top of press.

Can a vld seating plug be bought for Lee dies? They want me to send my bullet south but being in Canada and their turn around it will take too long.
I tried drilling out the Center but didn't work. A local guy is gonna try taper in on a lathe.
9BD09F7D-1A9E-4BB4-9E7C-941609EC34AB.jpeg

Also got another piece of the puzzle today.

Made my press stand. Now which side to mount it on. Both sides seem to be manageable.

Also how do you guys pic your powders? I bought a lb of h1000 but not sure if I should use it or if there's better suited.
D4FC41DD-A53C-4DE0-BA83-10D73D2EA16F.jpeg
04FCEC56-4F8F-4711-AECF-E9F12B341F51.jpeg
6A5446DF-EF28-4866-87FA-1952E2CC4640.jpeg

I have my powder dispenser as well as a powder measure for pistol and other thrown charge cartridges(my 35 rem n 30-30) on the right edge. I have my press next. This allows my loading block to tne on the left of the press. I can swap out to a lube pad then the loading block to the left. Brass prep is not close to the press area for me. Sit or stand there and go through the motions and you will figure out how you work from an ergonomic perspective.

67DCFB03-C0F4-4164-AC1A-308E23BFFFE9.jpeg
I have my powder dispenser as well as a powder measure for pistol and other thrown charge cartridges(my 35 rem n 30-30) on the right edge. I have my press next. This allows my loading block to tne on the left of the press. I can swap out to a lube pad then the loading block to the left. Brass prep is not close to the press area for me. Sit or stand there and go through the motions and you will figure out how you work from an ergonomic perspective.
My powder measure can also be mounted on either side of the stand. I kinda wanna lean to it being on the right. But that area also works for the tumbler. That being said I guess the tumbler can be down on the bottom shelf. Doesn't need to be up there. It's hard to see loading the press with my right hand. Being I want to operate it with my right.

If your working right handed you can load the next case with the left hand if the cases are on the left side other wise your slowing down releasing the press arm to grab a case. If your working left handed the opposite would be better. Other wise to use your off hand your reaching over yourself. Not very efficient or comfortable.

If your working right handed you can load the next case with the left hand if the cases are on the left side other wise your slowing down releasing the press arm to grab a case. If your working left handed the opposite would be better. Other wise to use your off hand your reaching over yourself. Not very efficient or comfortable.

Press is mounted on the right. Like you said should make it better for load transfer.

Got 200 shells primer pocket swagged, neck sizes, and measured for length. Split into 3 groups 157 @ 2.490 and up, 32 @ 2.485 - 2.489, and 11 @ 2.477-2.485 will trim to the min lengths of each group. Then once trimmed I'll wash them up.
56296F85-3F74-46C2-885D-84DF05E865C7.jpeg

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.