10 Year Old Ram On The 10th Day Of A 10 Day Hunt

ADMIN

Administrator
Where to start? I guess the beginning is actually when I moved my family to Wyoming 25 years ago. As a hunter it is a great place to be. I started applying for a sheep within a couple of years of arriving. Not every year, but probably every other year. Then things changed in 1994 as Wyoming went to a preference point system for moose and sheep. Each year you apply you get a preference point. 75% of the licenses are allocated to those with the maximum number of preference points. Wyoming issues less than 250 sheep licenses each year, but eventually I knew I would draw a sheep license. I had applied for areas 2, 3 and 5, depending on the year. I missed a year when they moved the application date cutoff up a month a few years ago. In 2011 I had spoken to John Porter of Morning Creek outfitters and decided to try area 2.
Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, 10 Year Old Ram On The 10th Day Of A 10 Day Hunt , By Bruce Marshall. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Bruce,

From Ririe, eh? Won't hold that against ya.:D

You set one heck of an example!

I guess I'll just have to buck up and get with the program. With the motivation from your story I think I'll give it a good go. In fact, headed out back of the house in about a half hour to help son get a shot at a buck and/or bull.

Great hunt!!!!

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.