10 Point buck this morning

7mmRemMag

Well he's not nearly as big as the one I'm after but I decided to take him on video. The shot was not quite long range either.... 270 yards to be exact according to the Leica range finder. I love my 270wsm and 140gr Nosler accubonds! I was able to recover the bullet too! kind of crazy....I had a complete pass through on a mule deer in NM last year at 500 yards, and didnt get one @ 270 yards on a smaller animal! Well I'm happy anyway cause its the first time to recover an AB bullet. Heres a few pics and the video! Enjoy guys...

Oh and my spotter stric9 wasn't with me this time...so I text him to give me the calculations from home....lol he's pretty good he called 1MOA up for my rifle/bullet at that distance....He was right on! He's that good even when he's at home he can spot me! Lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLHRKUSwnTE&feature=youtu.be

DSC_0144.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

DSC_0140.jpg

IMG_1413.jpg

IMG_1410.jpg

IMG_1415.jpg

Congrats. The lack of a pass through at that range is no surprise. At that range the velocity is so high you lost around probably 50% of the bullet mass.

That big flat mushroom that remains isn't going to penetrate much further. It also looks like you were driving directly through a hell of a lot of bone there.

Thanks for all the compliments! I just finished marinading some back straps and tenderloins in freshly squeezed grapefruit juice! Leave it in the fridge for a couple days and Man its the best! Even people who don't like deer meat never know they are eating a Mature buck :D

Its a Sony Exmor R HDR-XR160 42X extended zoom. Records in High Definition. Picked it up a few months ago at best buy, because I will be going to South Africa next year with my dad and I wanted to have a pretty good camera to capture it all.

good stuff, but you don't have to copy kirby just because you post on here. try smiling next time, you just got a good one:)

good stuff, but you don't have to copy kirby just because you post on here. try smiling next time, you just got a good one:)

Who's Kirby? I'm lost. And as far as the smiling....I've been told that before but I think the "no smiles in pictures" thing runs in my family. Lol

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.