10 mm backup

The one you have on you! Loaded with Buffalo Bore 220 bear loads! The best would be a Ed Brown 1911 in 10 MM. If that is not in your budget any reliable one will be fine. Glock is hard to beat for their reliability. I carry either a Ed Brown Government model or a Commander I built on a Rock River frame and a blemished slide from Ed Brown.

What is the best 10 mm for backup pistol while bowhunting in bear country
Welcome to LRH and enjoy it! Do a quick search as there is another on the same topic, and it has over 50+ pages long the last time I looked a few months ago. Anyway, I transitioned from a .44 Mag to Glock 40 MOS a couple of years ago. I like the idea of having 15 rounds over 6 rounds.

I personally prefer my 5.25" XDM over my G20, but purely on feel and aesthetics grounds. When the G20 was all I had to carry at the time in bear country, I did not feel the least bit under gunned. Reliability on both with heavy loads (actually, with any loads) has been 100%.

OP, you have several good choices to select from.

Hard to beat a Glock. More rounds than the other 10's, and reliability is without question. There's a reason they are carried by so many LE agencies. I like Sig myself, but the Glock is more compact. More rounds too.