#1 shooting tip

Cardio, cardio, cardio…… you want that heart resting rate to be low and your body to return to a resting heart rate quickly !!

Make sure your cheek piece fits your face and centers your eye to the scope-receiver ….effortless ZERO Terminator !

EVERBODY is different, so during practice, try different trigger pull weights to determine which is best for you.

Develop the timing of breath exhalation , heartbeat, and trigger squeeze to be effortless , consistent.

When you get bored practicing, change it up, do some calisthenics, get your heart rate etc up and then pop into different position(s) .

go get a big boy and enjoy your hunt and thank you for being a hunter.. all you need is the will- a gun that goes bang and think anticipate shooting the big one.

Find the natural point of aim. My analogy is that the gun should sit on target without any human input. Then wrap yourself around the gun with the body inline with the gun. The cross hairs should not move from the target. Once fired, the cross hairs should don't drop back on target. If it doesn't, then consider grip, position of stock on shoulder, trigger control, and set up.

I have read this many times here about the crosshairs dropping back on target. Maybe my suppressed 5.56 gets close but the 30 Nosler, ultra light 280 and ultra light 308 fly up and off the front rest and never realign. It seems none of my hunting rifles do that. Am I doing something wrong?

Out at the ranch on opening day of deer season I was on the hill top looking for deer when I noticed one of the old farts that hunts the ranch walking about 300 yards way from his truck then back. He did this a number of times witch made me concerned, so I abandoned my post to see if I could help. when I got to him I asked if he lost his teeth or something, his replied that his bolt had fallen out of his his gun between the truck and 300 yards over that way. I helped him for at least an hour before we both gave up,he went home to get another and I went back to hunting. What he came back to the ranch with was the bolt to his gun that he left home. 😉
that stuff does happen to us old farts. It's called "CRS"

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.