1 piece scope mount Q

crowsnest2002

Have you guys ever used the DNZ 1 piece scope mount?

Attachments

• 20700T.jpg
    20700T.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 106
i might if they weren't so damned ugly

There's some truth to this.

I've examined them at the SHOT Show but never used one. They're big and thick, though well made. If I want a lightweight mount I'd rather go with Talley lightweights than this one just on aesthetics alone. Some, however, just love them.

They are very lightweight. I have one of them on my lightweight 700 whitetail rig. They are very strong and very well made. They are semi-bulky, but strong. I used to think they were ugly as well, till I acquired one, when I bought one of my rifles, it came with it. When properly torqued to spec it will be just as strong as anything. DO NOT use any loc-tite on any of the screws. Being aluminum, proper torquage will hold everything into place just fine. I read that in their manual online. And so far, has worked perfectly for me.

Their customer service is excellent, as well. I lost a couple screws, 3 got broke, all because one of the ring caps was bent (previous owner really didn't know what he was doing and almost screwed it up BAD) and needed some more, so I ordered and paid for the 8 new screws, new ring cap, and all that stuff online, on their site, and they sent me a whole 2 bags full of screws, and the new cap rush delivery at no extra charge. With a hand-written note saying thank you for being a customer, and they were sorry for the issues I was having with their product, and to let them know if I needed anything else to not hesitate to call. I thought that was pretty nice of them. It's amazing the extra little help a company gives you, gains them a customer for life. But the way they treated me, that makes me feel like they actually care about their customers and products. I will definitely buy more DNZ products down the road.

I use the Tally's but they are both similar. The Tally's look a little cleaner but form follows function in my book. Unless I need backup iron sights one piece ring/mount combinations are all I'll use now. It's what I recommend to friends also. Use them and know there's not much else out there that's better. 100% endorsement from me.

KB

I have two of them, both on model 70's. Good and sturdy. I like not having to line rings up. I thought they were ugly at first, but they grew on me.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.