1 million fps video slow mo bullet impact video

Derek M.

Watch the whole video to see all types.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfDoQwIAaXg&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL2195EEA2C6EE2092]1 million fps Slow Motion video of bullet impacts made by Werner Mehl from Kurzzeit - YouTube[/ame]

Great post!

MIT just invented some sort of camera that takes 1 trillion frames a second. How I don't
know. But they took photos of light traveling bottom to top of a bottle and back again.
Should really give us some insights into bullets and how they act.

When I first started watching it I thought the whole video would be just like the beginning but it changed. I watched all of it as well.

I've watched this video over the years with the same interest in mind.

It seems to me that the rifle bullets going through the gell are still rotating after exit. At least on some cases.

Is this what I am seeing?

If so does spin or lack thereof affect terminal performance on game?

Cool video. curious to know what was striking the handgun bullets in midair.

Looked to me like shot from a shotgun, but the first one looked like a small paint ball the way it spread though. The only thing I could come up with is lead shot.

As to the other post about bullet rotation after it goes through the gel, yes, that is what happens in every example I've ever seen.

That was really cool. I liked seeing what looked like a Barnes bullet open up in the gel, and how it varied

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts