1 in 8 twist 22-250

Preda8or

Will a 1 in 8 twist 22-250 accurately shoot 55 grain bullets? (The reason for the 1 in 8 is to shoot 70-80 grain also, but primarily 55 grainers) also will there be any other problems such a coppering or maybe some other problem?

the differance in barrel life between a fast twist and a slow twist would be smaller than to barrel in the same twist from two differant makers , nothing to worry with.
As far as fouling goes , if its a quality barrel then fouling woun't be an issue with the twist rate more along the lines of how hard you drive that 55 gr pill , you try to get 4200fps out if it and it will foul and wear the barrel , be happy with 3900fps and you'll be happy with the fouling and barrel life

You should have not troubles. I`ve never tried any 55 gn. bullets in my .22-6mm with an 8 twist but I`m pushing 80 gn. bullets at abt. the same velosity you`ll be pushing 55`s. Copper fouling will be a matter of how smooth the barrel is. The smith that built my .22-6mm said he has 1 out with over 2,000 rounds down the tube and it`s still shooting accurately.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.