1:8 twist 7rm suggested bullet

cohunt

So I've got a 26" 7 rem mag 1:8 twist rifle on the way-- should be here by next week.

I sold my 1:9.25 twist rifle as the darn thing would copper foul after 20 rounds and start throwing flyers (took 3 rounds to foul a clean barrel then 4-18 or 20 would shoot great then start throwing flyers)

I live at 6500' and hunt from 5500 to 11000 here in CO, but I've been to Alaska before so possibility of sea level hunting too, and i keep my hunting shots at 650y and less as that's where I'm comfortable for now.

What is your suggested bullet for hunting and why-- and if you have a pet load that works best for you , post it up please.

I'll be using norma brass, cci primers - std, magnum, or match-- probably go with H1000 powder but I'm up for suggestions.

I prefer heavier bullets, but again I'm up for suggestions

I like to train with what I shoot so I will be shooting paper out to 1000 with the same bullets.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

143g Hammer Hunter or 155g Hammer Hunter. For your range you are better off with the higher impact vel and flatter trajectory. The 177g Hammer Hunter will fully stabilize but will not give you any advantage until you are past 800y our more.

Steve

Our Hammers will typically showa little less pressure than same weight lead core bullets. Most rifles will show 50 to 100fps increase. I say most not all. Like girls rifles tend to vary a bit.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.