1.56oz titanium rifle to tripod adaptor

Rev 2 has a flat bottom and a radius bottom option. I'm running the flat bottoms this weekend and getting them out for testing next week đź‘Ťđź‘Ť

As others have stated if you were able to extend the front with just a bit of pic rail. That would be the cats meow. Right now I'm running the magpul pic bipod and a hog saddle. Takes some time to set up. Would be Awsome to put on one mount and be able to handle both and cut a good amount of weight.

As others have stated if you were able to extend the front with just a bit of pic rail. That would be the cats meow. Right now I'm running the magpul pic bipod and a hog saddle. Takes some time to set up. Would be Awsome to put on one mount and be able to handle both and cut a good amount of weight.

I will look into designing a different version with extended length of pic rail off the end. Will make machining more complicated, and force me to use larger titanium round stock but I will see What I come up with. Conveniently I just finished up modeling some pic rails for m700's, so I do have all the dimensions.

I will look into designing a different version with extended length of pic rail off the end. Will make machining more complicated, and force me to use larger titanium round stock but I will see What I come up with. Conveniently I just finished up modeling some pic rails for m700's, so I do have all the dimensions.

That's Awsome that would bea win win for me. when I get home I will measure how long of rail it would need to be to accommodate the magpul.
I think that bipod is the one that requires the most rail out of all mine.

So guys that run these. If the goal is to cut as much weight as possible. The goal would be to not add another mount like this and have a pic rail in the front for bipod. Ideal this would be closer to the shooter with the rail and pod more towards the end.
That being said most guys for hunting shoot off sticks towards the front where your bipod would be. Would this be a good compromise between the two. Mount this where your from stud would be for bipod and be able to keep bipod on and quickly attach the rifle to the tripod albeit more towards the front of the rifle. Not sure how much weight it would save by doing this but we are talking grams add up at this point.
What's your thoughts.

I'd love to install one these on a stock(or 4) of mine. Already have t nuts and counter sinking bit for em! My method of attachment has been to inlet in a 2 slot m-lok rail in front the recoil lug with t nuts. I then install a small pic rail on the mlok and attach to my rrs anvil. This unit would eliminate half the interface and tolerance losses. My newest rifle, a 7 Sherman max should be shipping out to me next week. It has an ag composites Visigoth with their tripod interface. Which is basically two t nuts inlet in front the recoil lug to install a pic rail or arca plate. I have no idea if the spacing would match your plate.

Attachments

• IMG_20191218_202956.jpg
    IMG_20191218_202956.jpg
    545.5 KB · Views: 85
I just made 9 in the flat bottom style. That was requested by a lot of people running stocks such as manners/McMillan/AG. I will have both options. As I proceed, I may add a third option with a larger radius, as an in between. That would match something like the HS precision stocks that come on the sendero.

5 flat style and 5 radius style are being shipped out to 8 different people tomorrow for testing with my redesign, the adapter weight dropped to .87oz and with the tee nuts and 1/4-20s it comes out to a total added weight of 1.5oz.

Huge weight saver for guys using some sort of saddle or V type detachable rest.
9EB27CCA-398F-4C39-9EAF-CCD42A15BDF1.jpeg

They are starting to land in the testers hands! Two more arca Swiss Tripod heads that they fit great on. RRS anvil 30 and another pro master ball head.
F5DF7F9B-2B72-40D8-9F68-50DECCB13294.jpeg
72A0E55E-D7B8-4F7D-9AB7-B2921E98CA36.jpeg

Can't wait to get a few of these! My new 7 Sherman max will gladly wear one!

Attachments

• IMG_20200413_204609.jpg
    IMG_20200413_204609.jpg
    699.8 KB · Views: 70
Thank you for sending me this it looks really good, I can't wait to try it out. I'm going to start with a 6.5 cm, 308, then jump to a 338 edge. As nice as it looks I don't think it will have any problems.

I have a few chassis rifles I'll be trying to use m-lok screws to attach the flat bottom unit to the bottom side of the rail as well. These should fit a lot of various setups.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts