1.56oz titanium rifle to tripod adaptor

I hope these pan out! I've used various methods to accomplish the same thing but it's always much bulkier and requires 2-3 pieces. Which is always more slop. Love it and if they ever come to market I'll be buying a few

Ya I will also make one to accommodate a flat style bottom. I don't own any nicer stocks such as manners McMillan ADG etc. so I currently just went with the rounded bottom as it was what I had on hand for my personal testing. Flat bottom will be easier and save me some time too👍👍

Not sure if there is something you can do to reduce sharp edges, maybe just the corners can be radiused if they aren't already

If they hold up through testing you will be working in those night and day to keep up with demand. I think it's an excellent idea. Like one fella mentioned hog saddles are heavy this would be a perfect addition to high altitude sheep hunters. Let me know when you plan to sell I want one for all my rifles.

Like was said above T-nuts are your friend, ditch the helicoils. What is the weight savings between the TI version and an aluminum version? Just wondering if the difference is enough to make it profitable. I will be watching.

I'm going to be doing a 7075 grade aluminum version also. I just revised my design and will run a few more this next weekend. According to Solidworks I dropped about .25 oz off the weight for the titanium one.

I'm not sure on weight savings between the aluminum ones and the titanium versions. But I will be looking into it.
IMG_4296.JPG

I did find the torch though, and got the actual finish I was looking for.

I'm headed up North today (Lewiston), have my rifle in truck. Let me know if any are still available. I'm only in town for a short Pre-con meeting, but we might be able to make it work.
Let me know.
Tyler

I'd love to test one too. I've got a 2-bolt arca plate bolted to the forend of nearly every rifle I own using t-nuts and reinforced with 2 part epoxy. What is the bolt spacing? If you don't send me one to test, let me know when they are for sale. I am in for at least 2.

If you need another test subject I'm willing to help. I have another savage on the way and the accustock internal chassis works really well to drill and tap into. I've been using full length commercial aluminum arca rails. Located in Minnesota, I have a machine shop to handle the install. I shoot a lot in the summer.

Attachments

• 20200229_143419.jpg
    20200229_143419.jpg
    676.8 KB · Views: 90
I tried this exact design about 10 years ago.. the rifle sat on a $500 camera ballhead. The problem I found with this design is that the rifle can cant very easily, causing you to correct in an additional plane.. my design now only allows for elevation and windage without adding that cant... it certainly is better than a bipod when you have to sit or knee

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.