1.56oz titanium rifle to tripod adaptor

livetohunt

Official LRH Sponsor
LRH Sponsor
I need an impartial test dummy! I am working on setting up one of my rifle stocks to test this myself, but could use someone's impartial testing and advice.

I just finished up 6 of these today. They are made out of titanium and I'm heat anodizing them. I made quite a few light-weighting cuts on them but I may end up doing more. It mounts via(2) 1/4-20 bolts, and (2) helicoils installed in the stock. Total weight is 1.56oz, plus maybe .2 oz of JB weld.

This is an arca Swiss adaptor so will only work with that style tripod head.

I'm located in north idaho and need someone to test this setup for me. I'll do the install and let you have the adaptor free of charge, I just want someone that shoots a lot and will put it to the test. Looking for input on rigidity and POI input.
9A309E6D-B3C5-4F6A-B353-A2EB2039390D.jpeg
F9AE4901-408D-4F6B-A350-5A9EEB32A015.jpeg
9003BE0E-4728-4CA6-944B-90BC15F44FD5.jpeg

He said it is free, including the install, which he will do correctly. You just have to report back how it performed. It's a form of free advertising, assuming the testers are honest. Looks like a nice setup.

Holy crap I love this. That is amazing I have been trying to find stuff Like this forever as I've been using a hog saddle for the past few years but boy are they heavy. I wish I had time to test for you but summer is my busiest time for work so all my shooting is fall winter spring.

They aren't for sale. I made 6 just for prototyping. If I end up making any of the various ideas I have prototyped into products I sell, my first order of business will end up becoming a paid sponsor on here.

Thanks for the T nut idea Weiser, that kind of stuff is why it's just a prototype at the moment!

And keep in mind titanium is really expensive, and takes me about 4 times as long to machine as aluminum. Price points are very high!

Last edited:
They aren't for sale. I made 6 just for prototyping. If I end up making any of the various ideas I have prototyped into product I sell, my first order of business will end up being becoming a paid sponsor on here.

Thanks for the T nut idea Weiser, that kind of stuff is why it's just a prototype at the moment!

And keep in mind titanium is really expensive, and takes me about 4 times as long to machine as aluminum. Price points are very high!

All that said remember if you are making it out of ti people have other options so price point should be high. I used to work making snowmobile parts out of ti. They were so expensive in the early 2000's but you would be amazed how many people bought them.

Send one or two to me and I will have some of my Sniper Instructors test them and maybe hand them over to my students to try. If anyone can destroy something the students can find a way :D, or if you want some professional shooters to try them my guys would be happy to.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts