1:10 twist for 375 cheytac/snipetac

If its a snipetac I belive that Dave Viers could tell you the optimum twist for his barrels,I would make sure that you have a good understanding about the bullet and barrel combination for your rifle from your gunsmith.

The link to midway for those bullets have been back ordered for a very long time .The 350grn smk would stabalize in a 1:10 but are no longer avaliable from sierra.

Usally most guys pick a bullet and build a rifle for it.I have a 375 chey-tac and it only shoots one bullet great, the lost river bullets or the hooker tacticle due to my lost river bore dimesion, both bullets are hard to find. Each rifle is diffrent.

There are some new twists that are bieng tested and new bullets that are also bieng tested for the 375. Hopefully wont be waiting to long for them !

I guess it would be the rmb 370gr then. Hsm is gonna start loading them . I just don't want to have to use a bullet that I can't buy later down the road

I asked dave about the 350 and 370s would stabilize. Waiting to here back
in it would ne nice to have you know a back up projectile so you could still do some shooting if your main choice was backordered

Will any of the 250gr bullets work in the snipetac.cheytac for hunting? Ill probably stick to the rmb 370gr then. Also seen there a company called north folk I think making 350gr sp bullets

I have been using some of the 350grn predators in a .375 cheytac 1:11.5", they are stable (fired out to 1470 yards) but i am having trouble with the seating depth due to the band spacings on the projectile and the lead depth. I am having to seat the bullet way out to ensure some sort of concentricity but they are then jammed into the lands causing pressure problems. I have about 100 left then i will try and get some cutting edge or similar.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts