1,000+ Yard Scope For $150

Like I said.... I'm not saying it's a bad scope FOR THE MONEY. But to call it a 1000 yd scope is a big stretch IMO.

How clearly can you see targets to 1000 yds with this scope?
How much travel do the turrest have?
How reliable and repeatable are the turrets?
How much recoil will it take?
And here's a biggy.... how well does it adjust for parallax?

If you can get some good 1000 yd groups shooting with this scope, please let us know.

Not trying to step on anyone's toes, but for the most part, you get what you pay for and if you dont get what you pay for, you usually get less than what you pay for and not more. This aint a 1000yd scope. It might be a 500 yd scope on a light cal rifle, but I wouldn't hope for much more.

Cheers,

Mark

I must agree with your every word. there is no way you can put glass with enough resolution to see detailed images at 1000 yards in a scope that cost 150 dollars and still make a money. The glass alone will cost more than 150 dollars, and you still have the rest of the scope materials to account for.

I personally have attempted to use this model scope. ( not on my own gun) the turrets won't pass the box test. Now try to hit something 6/10 of a mile away with turrets that are not accurate. The turrets only have 30 minutes of elevation. You are going to burn up a good bit of that with your 100 yard zero. You will burn more if you zero your gun further out. Not much left to take you the magic 1K. Now factor in that most projecties fired from non-magnum guns generally need about 30 minutes of elevation to get to 1000 yards. Even with a Canted base you would be hard pressed to have enough elevation to make the trip.

That scope may be worth the 150.00 asking price but its not up to the task of hitting a 18x36 steel plate at 1000 yards much less anything smaller. Now when you are talking about sniping whisle pigs at 300 yards and in, with rifle chambered in .204 ruger, this scope maybe a good buy if you leave the turrets alone and learn to hold off for wind. I'm not trying to put down someone elses optics choice but at the end of the day the proof is in the pudding.

that BSA optic was never ment to be put on a rig that can deliver the goods at 1000 yards. That doesnt mean its a bad scope. Use it for what it was ment for and should serve you well.

Last edited:
Maybe mine is better than it should be but I have set out to upgrade this scope on two occasions and each time I came home with a scope for another rifle and this one has stayed in service on my target gun.

If you read the original post I am not trying to convice anyone that this is as good as a Zeiss or NF or any other brand for that matter, just simply trying to give someone a low buck option to intoduce them into the long range craze.

Sorry to tell you this but there are people that shoot extended ranges without PDA's and $2,000 glass.

Maybe mine is better than it should be but I have set out to upgrade this scope on two occasions and each time I came home with a scope for another rifle and this one has stayed in service on my target gun.

If you read the original post I am not trying to convice anyone that this is as good as a Zeiss or NF or any other brand for that matter, just simply trying to give someone a low buck option to intoduce them into the long range craze.

Sorry to tell you this but there are people that shoot extended ranges without PDA's and $2,000 glass.
I am one of the people you speak of that don't use a pda and 2000 dollar glass. the scopes on my guns only set me back about 300.00 each after tax and shipping. the have enough elevation that I can dial 1000 yards with any load I have for any rifle I own. the glass is a little better than what you expect from a 300 dollar scope. Remember I also said that there is nothing wrong with a BSA optic. Some people are on a strict budget and have to work with what they have. Some people can afford 2000 dollar glass but would rather invest in their kids college education. If your budget and/or circumstance says BSA, put it on a gun and shoot the **** out it. Just understand its limitations when you buy it. know what it can and can't do. As I said before use it the way it for what it was meant for and you will have a find combination. __________________

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.