$1,000 Binoculars

I bought the 16X Sigs with stabilization....
Glass isn't the best...but once there's a little light showing clarity greatly improves......
They say don't look thru binos while in a car....well....with these you can see decent at 80mph......as a passenger......'haven't tried them while driving.....yet.....
In a younger day, perfected looking through monocular at high speed looking for Gumballs and radar tripods......and, yet, I am alive and free......God has a sense of humor, does protect the young......

I really like my Sig Kilo3000's. Plenty good glass for my eyes plus the range finder. Just my $.02.
I second the 10x42 Sig Kilo3000BDX. Have optics that feature somewhat better glass, for those optical snob moments, but not any where near that price, RF with ABlite firing solutions is a real bonus. Bought for young friend at $873, shipped, sans tax.....a twofer. With no baro inputs, runs out of AB solutions at 800yds. Linking through Kestrel runs solutions beyond youngin' interest, ability for now. Links to Sig BDX scopes for solution in scope.

Ooops.....that's $1999.99..............."SAVE" $600.00 Please re-visit previous remark ".....not any where near that price." :) :) :)

BREAKING NEWS!!!! from Eurooptic

Leica 10x42 Geovid HD-R 2700 Rangefinding Binocular 40804 at Eurooptic.
instock-flag.svg
List Price$2,599.99
Your Price$1,999.99
You Save $600.00

Last edited:
Ok, its April 2022 and I am shopping for some hunting binoculars. 8x isn't enough and I think 12x will be a little to jittery for me, so I am going with 10x. My budget is $1,000. (No, I am not spending $2k on Swarovski's)

I was looking hard at Zeiss Conquest or Leica Trinovid HD or Vortex Razor HD.

Then I stumbled upon some reviews of the Leupold BX-4 Pro Guide HD.

Everywhere I search the Leupold's at $600 are compared side by side with the $1k Bino's above and stand toe to toe. Of course, I am concerned what I have read is just "marketing" and would like some real, first-hand experience.

Thanks for your opinions.

By the way, I am buying local and paying cash. The four above are available locally.

What are you using these binos for? Hunting where?

The Meopta MeoStar B1 Plus 10x42 can be had for around $1100 from Sport Optic. There may be other sites as well. This will be one of the few if not the only binos you'll find with Fluoride lens elements. My 15x56 Meostars blow away my Vortex Razor 12x50s in brightness and clarity. Plus the Fluoride lens cut sun glare to almost nothing where my Razors get completely blown up by glare.

Last edited:
Another vote for Meopta. They bat well above their price class. Have two pair now 10x42. My boys hunt with them and are quite happy with their performance. (I use Swaro 12s on a tripod or Leica Geovid 10x42 for walking around. But I would feel I had plenty good glass carrying the Meoptas).

BackwoodsPursuit.com had a comprehensive, side-by-side evaluation of 26 pairs of 10x binoculars. Worth reading. In the $1000 category, the Zeiss Conquest HD came in #1

Another vote for Meopta, but from Cabela's. I've been using their 10x42's for several years. Brilliant quality at a competitive price. Currently they only have their Euro HD in 8x32 and 12x50 on sale, but they do have Leica Trinovid HD 10x42's for $999. Also excellent glass.

I have been pretty happy with my Meopta Meostars. They don't leave me wanting.
I have used them for three or four seasons Western big game glassing and shed hunting, as-well-as Eastern whitetails and turkey.